hollaa...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dynamic

Reaction score
Hi all...

Just looking about these boards and thought id better introduce myself scene as how im reading your material... lol

Anyway, Diving has always been one of those things ive wanted to do and this summer i got a taste and i want more... :D

Being from Scotland i was always put off by forking out all that money to dive in waters that are not what you see in the likes of the tropics etc... Now im sure alot of scottish divers are gonna take this to heart and defend there beloved land... well accept it its my excuse... lol anyway, this aint the point and im going of topic... :p

This summer i took a family holiday to the Canaries, Tenerife to put a pin on it... and i booked an excursion with a local diving shop "Easy Deep Blue Diving"... which was to include snorkling in the morning and a 45minute 5meter scuba dive in the afternoon, in which all i did was breath, equalise and some poor instructor was carting me about. lol

Now i have no idea of how this is looked apon in the diving community with respects to the approach in the way this is done... cant say im here to justify or condem it... what i am saying is i done it and it was great!!!...

Now while researching the likes of courses to take etc not only did i come across this site but a training center in scotland that offered alot of courses each one with there very own expensive price tag... oh and none of the prices included the course work material required... it all seemed in comparison to prices offered in the dive shop in tennerife very expensive...

So next year im taking the family on a holiday to Florida... so if i have'nt taken the course by then (in scotland) ill definatley be looking at getting a cert while out there...

Any advise as to the courses i should be looking at would be appreciated... "open water dive" was the course i was looking at

Regards,

/dynamic (<<< its an online gaming nick ive used for years... lol)

Welcome to the board from the cold waters of New England USA.
Have fun here and Daive Safe...............

Aloha to you in Scotland from Maui, Hawaii. You can get your basic "Open Water Certification" in Florida for a lot less than most places, especially tourist traps. If you have the time to do it all in Florida then by all means go for it. Good luck to you. :shades:

Back
Top Bottom