Hollis vs. Oxycheq

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kimusubi

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm currently looking into getting a backplate/wing setup for a single steel tank. I am looking for a stainless steel backplate, with simple harness system, and a wing. I've heard a lot of good things about Oxycheq and their wings, but the guy I buy my items from kept saying that Hollis has some really cool stuff coming out real soon and that I should give them a try. Can anyone give me some opinions between the two companies? Any major differences I should keep in mind? Thank you for all your help.

- Ali

He's trying to narrow it down and you guys are giving him more options. :)

I really like my Oxycheq wings but don't have experience with the Hollis to compare them.

Keep it simple would be my suggestion. You don't need more than a wing, webbing, a few rings and a backplate.

I know Oxycheq makes some darn fine wings, and I saw a Hollis only once so I can't speak about that. Deep Sea Supply makes good wings also.

Yea I've been researching it a lot, and I originally wanted a Zeagle, but after careful consideration I decided that Oxycheq might be the best route. But then my buddy mentioned that Hollis' specs are better, and they're coming out with some new wings that are going to be ridiculous. So that's why I wanted to see if anyone has any hands-on experience with Hollis and can tell me what they think.

Just got back from DEMA. Walked up and touched a bunch of them. I'am an Oxycheq guy and will remain so.

don O

Yea I've been researching it a lot, and I originally wanted a Zeagle, but after careful consideration I decided that Oxycheq might be the best route. But then my buddy mentioned that Hollis' specs are better, and they're coming out with some new wings that are going to be ridiculous. So that's why I wanted to see if anyone has any hands-on experience with Hollis and can tell me what they think.

I KNOW this. Oxycheq and Deep Sea Supply have a proven track record of bending over backwards to make sure their customers are happy. Hollis, to my mind, hasn't proved that yet. That alone is a decider for me at the moment.

The whole Hollis line of gear is fairly new, so you may have some difficulty finding very many people who own it.

I'd also, from experience, be suspicious of anybody who tells you a company is going to come out with some cool products "real soon". If you want gear you can own and dive, buy gear that is available in stock. Sometimes product development doesn't proceed as the company would hope, and sometimes new products don't perform as advertised, either.

Same as Don. My backmount wings are all Oxycheq and they are great wings. I've never been in the water with a Hollis wing, but from what I saw at DEMA, I wasn't too impressed. I didn't check out specs on the wings, but didn't see anything that shouted out to me that they are better than anyone else. I wasn't impressed with the accessories (harness systems, etc) they had on display. Too bulky. Might as well dive a standard BC. It also looks like you can get a better deal on Oxycheq gear, maybe not at your LDS but shop around a bit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom