Hollywood dive movies?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well I must say she is pretty easy on the eyes. The Deep is a great underwater movie but the eye candy certainly made it better.
Thanks for the recommendation Chief Dave, sounds like you might have a thing for Halle Berry :wink:

Dark Tide (Halle Berry) 2012 just went on my Netflix Queue.

I have seen one on TCM with a title sort of like: Boy on a dolphin It stars a young Sophia Lauren and takes place in Greece where a wreck and a priceless statue are found. Two parties fight over the statue and wreck and try to out swindle the others. Great diving scenes and Sophia in a bathing suit.

It's not scuba, but the credits sequence at the start of Skyfall (2012) has a couple of remarkable underwater images. I thing they're inteded to invoke many of the previous movies in the franchise. I've had the pleasure of diving and exploring three underwater sets of older James Bond movies, after they were done filming.

---------- Post added January 26th, 2014 at 05:29 PM ----------

I have seen one on TCM with a title sort of like: Boy on a dolphin It stars a young Sophia Lauren and takes place in Greece where a wreck and a priceless statue are found. Two parties fight over the statue and wreck and try to out swindle the others. Great diving scenes and Sophia in a bathing suit.
Good movie. Those small triple-manifolded tanks really set the era. And, of course, no BCs.

Off the top of my head, Tomorrow Never Dies is another of them. It was neat to cruise into the same "submarine missle rack room" as in the movie. Of course, the sets are degrading, as they were not built very deep.

For the others, I can remember the Bond girls but not much else . . .

What was the one where he surfaces and doffs his drysuit to reveal a perfect tux?

I don't suppose Octopussy counts for this thread, as he's motoring on the surface inside a fake crocodile.

Hope this helps,
Bryan

Hi Tjack,
Just to add to J/B films with H2O content:-
Spy Who Loved Me
Licence To Kill
For Your Eyes Only
Never Say Never Again

Thanks for the James Bond updates, I was pretty sure there were more than one with Scuba scenes. The 007 films are great for underwater action. Keep em coming.

I just watched "Dark Tide" (2012) This is a full on Scuba movie filmed off of Capetown, South Africa. Halle Berry freedives with great white sharks while her support team is on Scuba. An overambitious client hires her to take him diving outside the cage with the great white sharks. An excellent Scuba movie.

210 × 300 - brutalashell.com

I don't think this one has been mentioned. (Although not Hollywood!)

Pioneer (2013)

This conspiracy thriller is set in the early 80's, the beginning of the Norwegian Oil Boom. Enormous oil and gas deposits are discovered in the North Sea and the authorities aim to bring the oil ashore through a pipeline from depths of 500 meters. A professional diver, Petter, obsessed with reaching the bottom of the Norwegian Sea has the discipline, strength and courage to take on the world's most dangerous mission. But a sudden, tragic accident changes everything. Petter is sent on a perilous journey where he loses sight of who's pulling the strings. Gradually he realizes that he is in way over his head and that his life is at stake.

Pioneer (2013) - IMDb

[video=youtube;ovau-abWNlQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovau-abWNlQ[/video]

Zombie (1979)
Italian horror

Zombie Holocaust (1980)
More Italian horror

Goliath Awaits (TV 1981)
People traped in a wreck for years discovered by divers

For Your Eyes Only (1981) *
James Bond

Never Say Never Again (1983)
James Bond Scuba