Hollywood/Hallandale Beach Dive Area?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

facialcrunch

Reaction score
Hi all,

WHAT A GREAT BOARD!!!

Does anyone know where to dive from the beach in the Hollywood/Hallandale beach areas? Please let me know any specifics if you could, such as the exact location to dive (side of the pier, etc.), swim distance to the reef, and quality of the dive.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I plan on diving this Saturday and Sunday, but want to stay close and don't know where to go.

Thanks all :)

Jenny led Marvel & I to a nice spot right off of Douglas. The best spots seemed to be right off the beach and a little north. There has to be a map of the reef... lotsa ledges and more lobster than I would expect (oops... did I give it awayyyy, Jen?). Eels, turtles, the usual lol.

We did a night dive (last night). The visibility was very good from the shore.

THEN Jenny dragged us to Hollywood Beach for beers on the boardwalk. Whatta gal! We'll be doing that dive again, I'm sure.

Welcome to Hollywood! Best diving is straight out from the closest parking space north of Hollywood Blvd. BRING QUARTERS for parking! They like to write tickets! From south to north, Indiania, Johnson, HOJO's, The park at the end of Sheridan, Douglas, Greene, Charleston, Dania Beach south end.
Look out at the water, where it turns from the light blue to the dark blue is where the reef starts. It takes maybe 10 minutes of easy swimming to get out past the sand. BRING A DIVE FLAG/FLOAT!

We are doing the Hump Day Sunrise Dive on Wednesday at Johnson Street, 7:30am. We will be finished in time to get to work!
(oops... did I give it awayyyy, Jen?).
Mike you owe me a cold one for that!

Thanks for the quick responses guys. The Hollywood Blvd. site sounds great. Has anyone dove the Miami 88th St. reef before. I heard it was also nice and accessable from the beach.

Scott

Directions to the JOhnson Street Rocks are here:http://www.scubaboard.com/t30760/s.html

Best diving is straight out from the closest parking space north of Hollywood Blvd.
Let me clarify that. I have never dove straight off of Hollywood Blvd, but if you go north and find a parking space that you don't have to carry your gear, then it is a good dive spot! Indiania is a good starting point, although I have ventured south once I got to the reef and wasn't disappointed.
Hope that clears up any misconceptions I might of caused.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom