Honeymoon & diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jbuchow

Registered
Reaction score
I'll be getting married this November and I'm trying to plan the honeymoon, which would hopefully be romantic, not easily forgotten, etc., but at the same time would offer good diving. I've narrowed it down to two weeks in the Carribean, but not much further than that. Just wondering if anyone had any suggestions on where to go and where to stay? My fiance would really like to stay for a week at Anse chastanet in St. Lucia (and go somewhere nearby for another week). Does anyone have any experience with that particular resort or similar resorts in the Carribean? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

I can't say that my favorite dive spots in the Carib are the most romantic spots. Places like GCM and Coz which are great for diving, I haven't fount all that romantic. Neither were Curacao or Bonaire for that matter. There were some great spots in the VI both US and British, but they were only okay to good for diving.
Best of luck with the trip and the marriage.

I found the BVI's to be romantic and the diving while I was there was quite good. For a romantic location Virgin Gorda is nice and the dive operators dive on the "Wreck of the Rhone."

Anegada is also a nice location with plenty of nice diving and wrecks.

I can heartily recommend Little Cayman Beach Resort. It's small, very high quality, and amazing diving. My wife and I were just there in October of 2001, and we both thought it was a wonderful, romantic experience.

Here's a link:
Little Cayman Beach Resort

The diving was absolutely top notch, and we saw sea-life that's hard to top.

One proviso, Little Cayman island is just that: little! I think there's only 60 or 80 inhabitants, and you have to fly a small propeller plane from Grand Cayman to there. Also, once you're at the resort, there's really no place else to go, but it's really such a great place that I doubt you'd want to (the food was fantastic).

I'm sure you'll find a great place for your honeymoon, but this is one I'd recommend.

Congrats, by the way!

Rick

I disagree. There are some wonderfully romantic places in Grand Cayman, particularly in regards to long walks on the beach and amazing romantic dining. The other nice thing about GCM... I always feel VERY safe there, no matter where I am on the island, unlike Nassau or Jamaica.

**Word of warning: If you think your new wife would like to day 5 days of diving, do 3. If you think 3, do 2. For some reason, most new brides don't find diving to be THE most romantic activity on the planet (unless you married a long-lost Cousteau love-child or something)**

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom