Hong Kong area diving??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Turbo][

Contributor
Reaction score
I like to find out if anyone can recommend a group or boat or club I can get in contact with to dive in Hong Kong area. I will be in HK around Mid-Oct.

Thanks!

Johnny

Hey Turbo,

Check out www.splashhk.com (im not affiliated in anyway - just have dived with them before) They organise fun dives most weekends, and could probably organise something tailored for you if you let them know in advance.

F

I'm not sure which date you want to join for diving so you can send a email for enquire because it is not too much dive shop will arrange day trip on weekday.

You are right 8c9, not much dive shops do weekdays trip...

Turbo][:
I like to find out if anyone can recommend a group or boat or club I can get in contact with to dive in Hong Kong area. I will be in HK around Mid-Oct.

Thanks!

Johnny

come on out with us at South China Diving Club (SCDC). http://www.scdc.org.hk/ we usually go out almost every other Sunday and best of all it's cheap (if you have your own equipment). We usually dive from either Sai Kung, Tai Mei Tuk (near Taipo), or Aberdeen (for southern sites).

Alternative is Hong Kong Underwater Club (www.HKUC.org.hk ). And as someone else has suggested, Paul and Andrew over at Mandarin Divers (Aberdeen) are a great bunch (did some of my training with them).

The prices for a 2 dive trip with the clubs above will probably cheaper (or at least with SCDC). Just tell them you're "interested" in joining and you'll get charged the members' rate... :wink: but don't tell them I told you...

edit: SCDC and HKUC members are a mix of locals and expats so English isn't a problem although I have to warn you I have a hard time understanding our Scottish members more than our Chinese ones'! And yes there are a few of us Yanks here... Paul at Mandarin is an easy going Aussie.

Turbo][:

Thanks!

Johnny

We are looking forward to welcome you to Hong Kong and join up with the local diving community. There are quite a few local dive shops that offer local full day, half day, night dive tour during weekends (Saturday, Sunday and Public Holidays) mostly except Ocean Sky which used to offer Thursday dive tour in the past few months As for Oct, I am not really sure since the water is getting a little cold (water Temperature 23 C). So there are less people diving. They will have dive tour with only 10 people on the 75 ft boat. Very roomy.:eyebrow: I am a AOW student of Ocean Sky. http://www.oceanskydiver.com/e107_plugins/calendar_menu/event.php There were quitely a few Westerners who joined the local tour for shorkeling and scuba diving in the past few months. The shop have a DM who speaks good English to be our buddy to asses your skill before they'll let you go on your own. I once had a Russian buddy and followed a DM for a fun dive. You will have no problem communicating at all. Besides Ocean Sky, there is a dive shop called Pro-Dive http://www.prodive.com.hk/eng/local_diving.asp which is relative big offering weekend dive tour also. Both dive shops have a pretty good size boat providing all the facility and equipments you need. You can check out there boat and all the information from their web sites. October is a good time to dive since the water is relative clear, but only problem. A little cool. We had a gentleman from U.K. who did not even wear a wet suit and did 4 dives whilewe were having our hood on.:wink:

Please feel free to contact me e-mail: phhappy@netvigator.com if you need additional information.

We hope you can have a lovely time and dive in Hong Kong.:D

thought some of you who are interested in diving in HK might find this photo amusing... wonder how they would look when you're diving...

monitors.jpg

Seems someone dumped a load of crt monitors destined for the recycling bin. They ended up washing ashore on a remote beach in Hong Kong waters... They look quite avante gard-ish I must say sitting on the beach. :rofl2:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom