Hong Kong Scuba scene

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nikoniko

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
How's the dive scene and condition in Hong Kong? I dive in Southern California and we have many sites and shops and a thriving scuba community. Wondering how's it like in Hong Kong.

1. Nothing to write home about!
2. Plenty of dive shops and thriving scuba community though.
3. South China Diving Club is highly recommended.
4. Philippines is only couple of hrs away and the fare is pretty low all yr around except during certain period.

Centrals, please correct me if I'm wrong. People (not me, obviously) do dive locally at Sai Kung and elsewhere. From what I have heard, there's not much to see, and usually not much visibility to see it with, either. If you need to get wet and can't leave town though...

Centrals, please correct me if I'm wrong. People (not me, obviously) do dive locally at Sai Kung and elsewhere. From what I have heard, there's not much to see, and usually not much visibility to see it with, either. If you need to get wet and can't leave town though...
1. You did not hear wrong therefore not much to write home about.
2. There is a thriving diving community because some people just like go diving regardness of anything.

One more thing to add: water is cold in winter around 20C. Bring your dry suit or thick wet.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom