Hooded Vest - which one?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a Henderson Thermoprene Hooded Diving Vest, 7/5. Very stretchy so dives like a 3mil, and the 7 mil hood is nice. If you need the extra warmth the thicker hood doesn't hurt. Stretches enough to be worn either over or under the wetsuit.

Sorry for lifting it up...

If anybody has an experience/opinion with Xcel hooded vest "Thermoflex Vest 4/3"?
I am considering it along with Bare and Pinnacle.
The problem is that Bare does not make 5/3 mm yet (supposed to come in late April) and Pinnacle simply discontinued their hooded vests (for whatever reason...:idk:)

LeisurePro has all the Pinnacle Hooded Vests on Sale.

Pinnacle Merino-Elastiprene Lined 7mm Hooded Vest Mens

Read this - Pinnacle is back -

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/exposure-suits/375753-pinnacle-back.html#post5807477

I have a Henderson Thermoprene Hooded Diving Vest, 7/5. Very stretchy so dives like a 3mil, and the 7 mil hood is nice. If you need the extra warmth the thicker hood doesn't hurt. Stretches enough to be worn either over or under the wetsuit.

Just wondering if it is warmer wearing it over a suit or under a suit? I have a one piece 7mm and need added warmth... Not sure whether to go with something like the Henderson under my suit or buy a thicker dedicated overvest that will fit over my suit. My thinking is that a vest close to the body would be warmer even though the overall core thickness is thinner... 10mm with inner vest vs 12mm with outer vest. I'll be diving the northeast ~60º on the surface on a good day.

Opinions?

Just wondering if it is warmer wearing it over a suit or under a suit? I have a one piece 7mm and need added warmth... Not sure whether to go with something like the Henderson under my suit or buy a thicker dedicated overvest that will fit over my suit. My thinking is that a vest close to the body would be warmer even though the overall core thickness is thinner... 10mm with inner vest vs 12mm with outer vest. I'll be diving the northeast ~60º on the surface on a good day.

Opinions?

I wear the Pinnacle hooded vest w/lambs wool right next to my skin with the bottom part of the farmer johns over it, and then I step into the top part/vest of the FJ over the whole thing.

Back
Top Bottom