Hooded vest

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pajjpen

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Currently looking into buying a hooded vest as I tend to get rather cold during dives, even in quite warm waters. I'm looking into a 3mm ish one that is not too tight over the throat area, but obviously seals properly.
Any suggestions on what brand or model I should check out?
Cheers!

A properly sized vest will allow a little bit of water in yet not be constricting. Are you dead set on a vest with an integrated hood? Have you checked out Lavacore?

I use a Pinnacle vest. It has a kind of rubberized collar that helps seal my wetsuit to the point it is a little difficult to release trapped air. I love this vest. It adds a ton of versatility to my exposure protection without adding bulk or limiting range of motion.

I wear a Henderson H2 hooded vest under my 5mm wetsuit for diving in the Mexican caves. It's worked out well. It's quite stretchy.

A properly sized vest will allow a little bit of water in yet not be constricting. Are you dead set on a vest with an integrated hood? Have you checked out Lavacore?
I'm not dead set on a integrated vest but it seems like the best solution. If I cannot find one in time ( need one by the 10th of July for my next trip)I might get just the hood (I can order this within Sweden)
Havent checked lava core out. I'll get right on it!

---------- Post added June 16th, 2015 at 11:50 PM ----------

I wear a Henderson H2 hooded vest under my 5mm wetsuit for diving in the Mexican caves. It's worked out well. It's quite stretchy.
Going to check this one out once I get home.

Has anyone ordered hoodies or vests online? I don't really have any choice as the stuff I can get locally is for colder waters only, but it feels odd ordering these kind of things without trying them out first.

I just ordered the Bare Sflex sport 1 mm hooded vest to add a little warmth and flexibility to my cold and warm water diving. I have a neosport 1.5 mm xspan shorts and long sleeve shirt as well. I like the xspan fit and feel and makes a nice layer under a 5 mil or 2 mil shorty. The only thing I don't like about the xspan is that it just takes way too long to dry out between dives. I tried a bunch of hooded vests at the local dive shop in the 3 mm range and did not like any of them. Either too stiff or did not fit right. The Bare Sflex material felt very comfortable and stretchy. I'll let you know how it works out. I have also tried on the Lavacore and Sharkin hooded longsleeve shirts but so far have not found the right fit right size. I am also a little concerned how these shirts will fit under a suit and how it might effect zippering up with back zippers on my suits. They seem a little bulkly compared to the xspan 1.5 mm and Bare 1mm

Ive done some research and it looks like EVO Unisex 2mm Hooded Dive Vest is the winner. Being from sweden I cant order anything from the us without having to pat 100$+ for the shipping..
does anyone know where i can get this within europe? or from the us at a resonable shipping cost?

Cheers

Ive done some research and it looks like EVO Unisex 2mm Hooded Dive Vest is the winner. Being from sweden I cant order anything from the us without having to pat 100$+ for the shipping..
does anyone know where i can get this within europe? or from the us at a resonable shipping cost?

Cheers

I have one of those. I use it often. I like the integrated hood. I can pull it up or leave it down as suits me. I would not pay much for it, that particular brand is kinda cheap and the quality is reflected by the price. But it works. I really wish they would make one (for guys) with a hood and long sleeves. N

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom