Hooky Dive - June 16, 2010

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scuba_frog

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi everyone,

Our next Hooky Dive of the year will be on Wednesday, June 16 at Haigh Quarry. We will meet there around 10:30 or so and do 2 dives. Chime in if you are going.

Pete

I am not part of your association and just got ow certified at Pearl Lake and not made any other dives yet. Do not have an all the time buddy. Do you guys let people in my situation join you on dives to pair up with a buddy. Thanks.

Welcome illinoisdiver! You don't have to be part of our club to dive with us. However, if you are looking for dive buddies, what better way to meet some than to be part of a dive club (ok, sales pitch is almost over). Also, we have planned dives 2-3 times per month. Cost is usually reasonable because we go as a group.

You are more than welcome to join us June 16. If you need gear, call Tina down there to make sure she has what you need ready when you get there. Being a weekday, it is usually a small group that meets monthly at Haigh (even smaller when the water is colder). 3 of the regulars are at least Rescue certified and 2 are AOW so you have plenty of experience around you.

Where exactly do you live? If you are interested, we have a club meeting tomorrow June 9, 7:30 pm at Mr Beef and Pizza 1796 Elmhurst Rd in Mt. Prospect. Also, depending where you are at and who is going, can also maybe car pool with someone.

Post here when you decide for sure if you are going on the 16th. This way we will wait to get wet until everyone arrives.

By the way, these dives are super easy. We like to keep it simple and take our time. We usually hit the water for the first dive by noon (yes, we do move slow). Break for lunch. Do a 2nd dive after lunch and head home before rush hour.

If you want to talk more, PM me your phone number and I'll give you a call. Hope to see you there.

Pete

Since it looks like no one else is going, we will be canceling tomorrow's dive. Hopefully we will have a better turn out for July.

Back
Top Bottom