Hoople Creek Bridge and Culvert

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DeepBound

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I dove at the Hoople Creek Bridge yesterday and the water temperature was 37F. The viz has cleared up a lot from what it's like in the summer. I only noticed one fish, and it was dead :(

The north side of the parkway east of Hoople Island, near the boat ramp had a bit of ice on it, so I got in on the south side. I checked out the culvert/tunnel under the roadway, but it was siphoning with the flow going towards the north, so it wasn't safe to go in there across to the ice-covered side. That would have been fun though.

The bridge is a lot more interesting to look at when the viz is more than the typical 5' that you get in the summer :)

sbrooks:
Where is this in Ontario?

It's in eastern ontario, right here:

http://local.live.com/default.aspx?cp=44.9905~-74.9265&lvl=15

The roadway part of the bridge sits at about 30ft deep. Before the area was flooded it used to go over the hoople creek. It's really neat to see a bridge sitting 30 feet deep in the water like that!

Attachments

• hoople.JPG
    hoople.JPG
    14.6 KB · Views: 113
Niel, having a slow day at the office?? :D
Ice diving requires (for the most part) line tenders and safty divers. Please Neil, stay out of icy areas. :no

DeepBound:
I checked out the culvert/tunnel under the roadway, but it was siphoning with the flow going towards the north, so it wasn't safe to go in there across to the ice-covered side. That would have been fun though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom