hooray! booked trip to flower gardens-july

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

donnad

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
hi everyone! i'm excited! hubby and i are booked to go to flower gardens on the Spree for July 20,21. can't wait!!!

Congrats I am heading down there shortly after you. Now start praying to the weather gods for good weather

yes, we do need to pray to those weather gods! this will be our first trip out there. hubby is hoping to have a manta encounter. wants to see one really badly. i do too. they are such awesome creatures.

We went out there last year around late June, lucked out for the nicest seas they've seen in June, but no Manta's. Disappointing, but it was the best diving yet. July shouldn't be bad with weather... Good luck, and blow some bubbles for me out there!

First Flower Garden trip - how exciting. Definitely cross your fingers and toes that the weather cooperates. For the Gulf, it's the best diving out there!

Have fun! We went in June and had a wonderful time.. I enjoyed the rig dives the most... will be going again this summer. Are there any other liveboards that trip out to the flower gardens???? The spree is ok however, I would like to have better sleeping accomodations.. I am kind of claustophobic and the sleeping quarters are very small.. The crew on the Spree was very friendly...

thanks everyone! SteveDiver, there was another liveaboard called the sea explorer II, but the owner was facing alot of challenges and cancelled the rest of their season last summer. i don't know if they are up and running again now or not. but that boat takes only 16 divers, so it may be roomier accomodations. i'm sure there are people on this board that have been on it and can tell ya.

Sea Searcher II. Looks like they are done...from the website:

"As many of you know, we lost Harold not long ago. We decided to run the 2005 season but it's just not the same without him. We would like to say thank you to all of our Sea Searcher family that dove and supported us. This includes our Crew, Shops and Divers, you are all Family and we will not forget the great times we had on the Sea Searcher II. This website will be left up until April 2, 2006 so please feel free to take copys of any of the pictures you want to save by then."​

http://www.seasearcherii.com/

donnad:
hi everyone! i'm excited! hubby and i are booked to go to flower gardens on the Spree for July 20,21. can't wait!!!

Good for you!... But... have a contingency plan, because that trip can get cancelled in a *quickness*. I'm driving down today, this is my 3rd attempt, and I fully expect it to cancel.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom