Hope to visit soon...All Inclusive or not?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Back to OP question. There are many, many local restaurants open. You don’t need to do all inclusive just to be sure you have somewhere to eat. If you want AI for convenience that is up to you , but you seemed concerned about a lack of local options. Don’t worry about that at all.

Back to OP question. There are many, many local restaurants open. You don’t need to do all inclusive just to be sure you have somewhere to eat. If you want AI for convenience that is up to you , but you seemed concerned about a lack of local options. Don’t worry about that at all.
I posted a list of fantastic eateries we ate at last week in a thread....there is no need to ask about dining in COZ, it’s all over this site :wink:

If you don't care for AIs there are plenty of other options. Not sure why you think an AI is safer especially if you are planning to go out for dinners. I just got back from a week long trip, stayed at my favorite 4 bedroom B&B in town, dived with my fav dive op, ate out at several good restaurants, all within a four block area (except for getting to the marina in a ride provided by my dive shop). All the businesses I encountered were diligent about following all the standard safety protocols. If you want to play it a bit safer (after all you've decided to travel so you're willing to except some risk), stay out of the bars where it's harder to "distance." If travel meets your personal risk assessment, go dive. The local businesses will welcome you as long as you respect their safety protocols (after all they are trying to make a living and avoid another lockdown). All IMHO, YMMV. :)

Count me in as being very happy with AI. My girlfriend and I have adopted the Iberostar Cozumel. We went there 3 times in 2019.
We go there because we like the Dressel dive center, and for the great food (better than Occidental imho). The place is a little run down compared to the nicer resorts around Playa Del Carmen, but it's a true diver's resort with a laid back feel to it. Now the problem currently for us is that I can't seem to find any flight + hotel package from Montreal, even as far as March 2021.

We usually don't stay in an AI. I was only wondering about options due to COVID. We usually stay at a B&B or in town and enjoy many local establishments. Safety isn't a concern. Just availability of OPEN restaurants.

And Barracuda was up to $38,000+ today, LOL!!! Others were listed at their regular prices. So I'm guessing they're not open yet. We weren't thinking of staying there - just found the price amusing given the actual hotel. We've stayed there during Carnival and had a blast, but wouldn't do it again :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom