horizontal ascents

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Axua:
he was a divemaster I reckon guiding divers who are not DIR trained most probably.. it was nothing serious was just hilarious to see something out of comedy central hehehe.. I use to do this as well but just ascend vertically now on recreational dives especially if Im divemastering a group.. its easier to see and catch everyone especially if they are swimming all around me.. but on technical dives I decompress on vertical trim

This is exactly my own viewpoint and procedure as well.

And getting back to my original observation, cave divers prefer horizontally for all diving and ascents simply because they are accustomed to this for the prevention of silting.

Charlie99:
[hijack]Doing an upside down safety stop above a 30' deep reef in Cozumel while drifting in a current was one of the strangest sensations I've ever had while diving. After getting the reversed buoyancy control down (exhale to move more towards my head, inhale to move towards my feet) I starting relaxing and watching the reef drift by. Suddenly, it seems like the reef was above me and there was a shiny seabottom below me. It was like the whole world just flipped upside down. Very, very strange. While I've done other vertical-upside-down safety stops, only one other time did this sensation come back -- it seems that it only comes after a couple of minutes of relaxing, only if there is a current, and only if I'm suspended about halfway between the reef and the surface. [/highjack]

Charlie Allen

I enjoy the sensation of diving horizontally and face up to watch the bubbles ascending. Barrel rolls with a DPV are similarly a blast.

But definitely not fins up.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom