Hose clamps

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Paladin

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hey, Guys,
My DA Aqua Master that I got from VDH has plastic lock-tie type hose clamps on it. I would really like to have a set of nut and bolt type hose clamps for it. Do any of you know where I can get a set?

I sent an email to Bryan at VDH concerning the clamps and his reply was to ask if I had not inquired here, on the board. I take his reply to mean that he does not have any.

He does have some nylon clamps available, though they aren't the style I was looking for. I suppose they will do, though. The ones I was looking for were made of metal.

I sent an email to Bryan at VDH concerning the clamps and his reply was to ask if I had not inquired here, on the board. I take his reply to mean that he does not have any.

He does have some nylon clamps available, though they aren't the style I was looking for. I suppose they will do, though. The ones I was looking for were made of metal.

No, those "metal" type, Tinnerman type, are not available and usually run some good dollars when they show up on Ebay. I am sorry but I have none either to give you. I gave my only set away to somebody, I forget, I don't like them myself.

It has on occasion been discussed having some made but the company that made them while still in business wants to make a run of like 10,000 or something like that, lol. I probably exaggerate but knock yourself out, if you had some made I am sure there is a market for the 1.0 inch and 1.5 inch.

The plastic ones work fine, are indeed vintage and work better IMO.

N

Nemrod,
Yeah, I have come to the conclusion that the clamps I wanted are unavailable. So, I just ordered a set of the nylon clamps from VDH.

I got the hose clamps from VDH. The ones for the mouthpiece fit perfectly but the ones for the regulator horns will not fit. They are too small and will not go all the way around the hose. I emailed Bryan at VDH and he told me that the clamps are meant to be used on the original hoses or the silicone reproduction hoses, not the EPDM rubber hoses he put on my DA Aquamaster. So, anybody have any suggestions? I'm going to the hardware store in the morning to see what they might have that I can use. I need something that can be removed and replaced easily to allow for quick hose removal for cleaning and maintenance.

Just get the next size longer screws. I have boxes of two or three different size screws with the Fillister slotted head. I use this type of head for the mouthpiece screws. Fillister slotted head is the original screws that came with this clamps.

On the regulator side I normally use long knurled head thumb screws for very quick connecting and disconnecting. They do have a slot so I can give it one quick last turn to tighten them.

I can’t remember the length of the screws you need, but you can get most of them at your local hardware store.

For the thumb screws I order those from McMaster-Carr.

I think the two sizes that I use are:
91746A832 (1/2” long)
91746A836 (3/4” long)
For the regulator side I kind of like having the longer screw and just put a rubber cap on to of the exposed threads.

McMaster-Carr

DSCN3165.jpg

Thanks, Luis. I need to get this thing back together because I plan to dive it on Tuesday.

Luis,
Went down to the hardware store first thing this morning and bought two screws slightly longer than the originals and the clamps went on and clamped down perfectly. I honestly didn't expect the solution to be so simple. Thanks again!

The EDPM hoses are a little thicker, I just use stainless internal hex screws with my regulator with those thicker hoses. Works fine. The silicone hoses coupled with the thin silicone duckbill the plastic clamps are almost to big!

N

Back
Top Bottom