Hose clamps

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Because the EPDM hoses are made of thicker rubber, the hose clamps want to pinch the rubber as they close together. On the DAAM that I had years ago, there were little metal strips that were placed between the hoses and the point where the metal clamps came together to keep the clamps from pinching. The clamps I got from VDH had little tabs on them to do the same thing, but the clamps fit so tight, the tabs buckled and jammed themselves into the space between the clamp ends. So, I cut a couple of strips of flexible plastic and inserted them between the hoses and the clamp joint before tightening the clamps down. The strips protect the hoses from pinching and being damaged.

Last edited:
Any reason not to use the stainless steel hose clamps you can get at a hardware store in various sizes? I'm using them on my Healthways Scuba regulators, as that was what was originally used for Healthways double hose regulators. I'm using these clamps on my Mistral too, as the hoses I have on it were a bit big for the horns. They work well, and if you don't overtighten them they won't hurt the rubber. They don't have the USD look though. Here's a photo with my Healthways Scuba Gold Label regulator, with the stainless hose clamps, along with a Healthways Scuba (original) from eBay that was being sold in original form (I didn't buy it).
IMG_2326.jpg
ScubaRegwithbluehoses.jpg

SeaRat

To be honest, I had considered that as an option. If I hadn't managed to get these clamps to work, I was going to go that route. Maybe a little black paint on the clamps for a bit of camouflage?

I use thin brass shims between the clamp joint just as was done on my Mistral. The newer plastic clamps have a little piece that supposedly serves the same purpose molded into the clamp. I also went and got longer allen head, internal hex, screws to make installation easier. The best solution is the various new silicone hoses, they are closer to original thickness. N

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom