Hose Routing with Non Swivel 1st Stage Z2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ozziworld

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Was wondering how other Z2 users are routing their hoses.

Have slowly started switching to a BP and replaced my Air2 with an Octo on my Atomic Z2.

Was not an issue before without the extra LP hose of the Octo.

I am in the Philippines so no dry suit hose. 1st stage is 26" Hose, Octo is 36" Hose.

Below is a photo shot from above. Frankly, I would have preferred less ports but at a usable angle.

Currently installed with the turret pointed down. The 1st choice for 1st and Octo ports results in one or the other having bend where it comes in contact with the BC when in flated.

Any inputs would be appreciated. I normally dive SP MK5s with swivels or Conshelfs which do not have this issue.

This Z2 has no swivel. Should I consider pointing the turret up? This will result in greater over all height and potential contact with the back of the head.

13516596_1119370381469125_4002450321687363646_n.jpg

I route the primary regulator out the bottom LP port so that it doesn't bend when inflating the BC. Of course that means the 1st stage has to go on an angle.

Seeker, I have one set wherr the primary 1st stage is on a 90 degree swivel and 40 inch hose. It set up with an Air2. Will keep this in mind since I was avoiding buying another 40 inch LP hose. Thanks for the input.

two options. Rotate the first stage 45*, long hose coming out the bottom, secondary out the side, and the rest like you have it.

My preferred option would be to rotate 90*, and have the octo coming out the bottom, and the primary second stage and the inflator going straight down on the same side. This is similar to the left post of a set of doubles with the primary slide over.

hoseconfig-all.jpg

looks like the right regulator over there, just with the primary on that post as well

yours is currently set up like the first option shown in this video, if you FF up to 2:15 or so, and you'll see what I am talking about

Tbone, thanks for the photos and video.

If I have it at 90 degrees with the short octo coming out what is currently the bottom LP, I can see the primary on a 40'' hose coming down from what is now the inflator.

This rotates the HP port down which is ok.

Now their is no ''natural '' port placement for the inflator. Am I missing something?

it has to come down and over with the HP hose, but the inflator is put on the forward facing lp port and the primary is put on the one behind it so the bend isn't too bad. You can angle it down a little bit to cheat the LPI and HP hose over where they are supposed to be.

I REALLY like having my primary reg on a longer (36-40 inch) hose, coming down from the first stage, under my right arm, and up to my mouth with a 90-deg swivel on the end. Octo is on a shorter hose, and in a bungee around my neck. OOG buddy takes the reg from my mouth, I slip the octo in my mouth. With a tilted first stage, it should work fine for the hose routing.

Seeker, I have one set wherr the primary 1st stage is on a 90 degree swivel and 40 inch hose. It set up with an Air2. Will keep this in mind since I was avoiding buying another 40 inch LP hose. Thanks for the input.

I use a 5' hose for the primary. That's mostly why I prefer it on the bottom, with the 45* tilt, as the hose has to go down anyway, might as well start if off that way! I think I had it that way with a short hose also, but I don't really remember. But doing it that way leaves very little room for clearance near the tank neck. I once encountered a rental tank with a short valve and a weird neck and it just wouldn't fit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom