Hoses

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rescuediver009

Contributor
Reaction score
Just so you know in advanced, this is not a how to thread (that way the hard core guys won't say "If you have to ask you shouldn't be doing it". But how do you guys route your hoses for doubles?
I think that most of us have our regs on the right but more particualrly off of what post, and in which direction? Just to see how everyone has their own little preferences.

I put the primary first stage on the right post or tank and the other first stage on the left post or tank. The LP inflator runs off the right tank and the dry suit inflator (if I am wearing a dry suit) is connected to the left tank. The SPG also goes from right tank to left side (but of course I normally dive independent doubles so the other SPG goes from left tank to right side).

Crossing things over seems to give a much neater and more streamlined hose arrangement.

RescueDiver009, with manifolded doubles, diving wet, dual bladders:

Right post:
1st stage w/long hose
left inflator LP hose

Left post:
1st stage w/short hose
SPG
right inflator LP hose

All the best, James

DOUBLES
Right post:
Primary reg on 7' hose and BCD inflator

Left post:
Back-up reg on 22" hose, SPG on 30" hose, and dry suit inflator (when necessary)

SINGLE
Single post with same length hoses. I don't use a H-valve for diving singles. If the dive calls for two first stages, then I dive doubles.

Greg

I think that everyone aggres for the primary /octo placements as per DIR/cave/penetration standards by placing them on the right and left posts respectively.
It is the BC whip that I am debating on (single bladder, dry). I really dislike my long corrugated hose, and if I have my bc whip on my right post it pulls the hose up in front of my face.
Another question is does anyone dive an OMS single bladder where they have the hose coming over fromt he back of the bladder so as to make it shorter? They don't have pull dumps in the hose so I figured it wouldn't matter.
I guess it depends on what first stages you are using, but I use twin DS4's on their side with the env. seal facing inward. The only hose I have crossing over is my octo.
I also mount my dry whip from the right. Isn't that veird (goldmember)?
Any more comments or opinions.

Rescuediver, can't say I've had your inflator-hose pulling problem. I have seen some folks serpentine their LP hoses around the corrugated hoses.

You can get shorter corrugated hoses from DiveRiteExpress. Scroll to the bottom of the page.

FWIW, I have my right post as the primary. All the general use hoses come from this, so any "primary failure" can be easily diagnosed by my pea brain. Doesn't make this set in stone, though...what works for you, well, works for you, in your environment and buddy team.

All the best, James

I think the lenght of the LP hose for the inflator definitely needs to depend on both what post you are coming from as well as the lenght of the corrogated hose to get things to stay where they are supposed to. Even an inch or two one way or the other makes a difference.

I also route the inflator LP hose through a small loop of surgical tubing around the corrogated hose near the bladder. It keeps things in line and streamlined.

DA Aquamaster:
I think the lenght of the LP hose for the inflator definitely needs to depend on both what post you are coming from as well as the lenght of the corrogated hose to get things to stay where they are supposed to. Even an inch or two one way or the other makes a difference.

I also route the inflator LP hose through a small loop of surgical tubing around the corrogated hose near the bladder. It keeps things in line and streamlined.

what i was wondering is does anyone turn their OMS bladder around so that the inflator is coming from the rear so that it is a little shorter?

Thenat least I can pull my BC whip off my right post and life will be shorter....:)

When looking at the routing of hoses, you could consider our Miflex Xtreme hoses, being launched in the US in March, which are much more flexible and lighter than traditional hoses, so improve routing and comfort

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom