Hot! Expats In Asia

ASIA SUB-FORUM FOR EXPATS LIVING AND WORKING THERE

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Babydamulag:
As forums go...no one is ever EXCLUDED.....without some focus it gets to weird.
I would have thought that the focus of being an expat in Asian countries and also being a diver was enough. All the stuff about visas/work permits, places to go, insurance, emergency help like chamber locations etc, is equally important for anyone who dives.

Okay. I agree. What do you recommend?

I'll PM you....wait up...

As we figure out the where and how of this idea.....sit tight. Come back in a bit for more information. This is generating interest from all over. Be back in a bit.

dlndavid:
too divisive:D I like the PPD anyway. :wink:
What's divisive? This concerns expats who live and work in countries foreign to where they were born and therefore have a special need that 'local' people don't face. It also concerns a far larger area than just the Philippines. As someone confronted daily with stuff I can't understand, or even read, I can fully see the point of a club where such 'expats' can communicate, share knowledge, help each other etc, on these sorts of issues. As far as I can see it's not supposed to compete with any of the regional groups but to address the needs of another group of people who may have particular issues peculiar to them.

Sorry, I voted against. Sounds like another "expat focus" website thread which I find annoying. Why can't an expat or local post question on a normal discussion thread anyway? Why would it be any different?

malaysia-islands:
Sorry, I voted against. Sounds like another "expat focus" website thread which I find annoying. Why can't an expat or local post question on a normal discussion thread anyway? Why would it be any different?

Any new person coming on to the board that falls into that category can see at a glance where to get information that is pertinent to him, with out being told DO A SEARCH.

Sounds like another "expat focus" website thread which I find annoying.

Sounds like you have a personal problem?

Asia is a broad area. I understand the language barrier problems, but we're talking Thai, Burmese, Indian, Korean, many Chinese dialects, Japanese..and many more...This will take some thought. We have Zen Divers, PPD...maybe just more individual country forums because each has it's own ....character? identity? I hate to say problems. But since we're on this subject...what about a Mango Creek (Belize) forum?

Hank49:
Asia is a broad area. I understand the language barrier problems, but we're talking Thai, Burmese, Indian, Korean, many Chinese dialects, Japanese..and many more...This will take some thought. We have Zen Divers, PPD...maybe just more individual country forums because each has it's own ....character? identity? I hate to say problems. But since we're on this subject...what about a Mango Creek (Belize) forum?

We are talking about a SUB FORUM. You have Central & South America if there is enough interest in Mango Creek start a sub forum.

I do think anyone not an expat in that area should not vote, then you can find out just how much the forum would be used.

cdiver2:
We are talking about a SUB FORUM. You have Central & South America if there is enough interest in Mango Creek start a sub forum.

I do think anyone not an expat in that area should not vote, then you can find out just how much the forum would be used.

So if there is a non geographical subforum for expats in Asia, it's for......Americans only? Chinese in Korea? Malaysians in Japan? Hungarians in Pakistan? All are expats in Asia. I'm not being a wise ***. This is very broad.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom