Hotel Advice, South Beach Miami

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mempilot

Contributor
Reaction score
I have a couple of female friends coming in from out of town later this month and need some recommendations on hotels with beach access within walking distance of South Beach.

Their budget cap is $300 per night double occupancy.

The hotels accross the street from SB are out, since they get pretty beat up during Spring Break.

They are looking for something classier, on the sand, close to the night life, and with some ammenities.

If you have stayed at something nice in the area, give me a heads up.

Thanks,

Eric

What dates will they be in SB?

mempilot:
I have a couple of female friends coming in from out of town later this month and need some recommendations on hotels with beach access within walking distance of South Beach.

The hotels accross the street from SB are out, since they get pretty beat up during Spring Break.

They are looking for something classier, on the sand, close to the night life, and with some ammenities.

Thanks,

Eric

mempilot:

Thanks,

Eric

I don't know the prices, but the Loews is top notch. The Tides is right there, too.

If they don't mind being a cab ride away from the main part of South Beach, they can stay at the Fontainebleau.

ScubaDadMiami:
I don't know the prices, but the Loews is top notch. The Tides is right there, too.

If they don't mind being a cab ride away from the main part of South Beach, they can stay at the Fontainebleau.

Thanks for the ideas. I checked the Hilton Fontainebleau, and it is booked up. I'll have to check The Tides and Loews.

The first 2 nites at the National are available at $279/nite. But the Saturday is not available (at that price). Great location, just down the street from Loews.

Check priceline for SB hotels. www.biddingfortravel.com is a source for recent pricelinen winning hotels and bids. they are invaluable. Loews has come up recently. so has the royal palm crowne plaza, hotel clinton, marriott south beach and a few others. if they bid the south beach only zone... I think they will get one of those hotels for significantly lower than $300 a night...more in the $125-$175 range. p.s. The royal palm crowne plaza is probably their best bet. there are GREAT reviews of that place on www.tripadvisor.com and the crowne-plaza web site shows rates from $139-$189 a night when booked conventionally (at least for dates in june - i haven't run any may dates through their quotes link).

The National is pretty cool ---> 205'-long pool! The Fontainbleau is too far up anyway. Try priceline.com too - I have gotten some unreal flights and rooms there, and their descriptions pretty much jibe with what you get if they accept your price.

the delano may be too $$$$$$$$$
but lookinto the drake on lincoln rd,,grea bar, res ,,,and walking distance to everything,,,

mempilot:

Thanks,

Eric

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom