Hotel Cozumel Primer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shleprock30

Reaction score
OK, Just wanted to get this out there so people know ahead of time.

1. When you check in get your safe key if you want it. I say this because they will make a credit card reciept and charge you 150.00 US if you lose the key and I had to go back to get the card to get the key.

2. Also ask for a dive locker key at check in. Seems that there are not alot of keys for those floating around as it may take a day or 2.

3. The laundry service they have is cheap and reliable and does a great job.

4. Food was good prior to the storm but we pretty much had the same thing for 3 days during the storm. (Not the hotels fault they were proabably feeding what they could get us).

I just wanted to let everyone know to get the keys as I had to make 3 or 4 trips to get everything situated and got a little tired of hearing "you need this my friend".
:)

Rick

Enjoyed meeting and visiting with you and your wife. We were lucky we had mostly good weather. I know you must have gone stir crazy at the hotel. How was your little bro's dive on Friday? Did they go to Santa Rosa?

We will be staying at Hotel Cozumel the first week in July. Anything else you can tell us about the place? We got a pretty good deal thru Funjet. I will be diving with Christi for 3 days. Thanks

dwwest101:
We will be staying at Hotel Cozumel the first week in July. Anything else you can tell us about the place? We got a pretty good deal thru Funjet. I will be diving with Christi for 3 days. Thanks

Sounds like the same deal as we had last week.

Like Rick posted above if you want locker key and safe key remember to get them at check in try to get all that thinking stuff out of the way before you go on island time.

They will give you a towel card. You can get a fresh beach towel everyday if you want one.

Christi will keep your gear and rinse it for you (very nice) and she also provides big fluffy warm towels on the boat plus a fresh water shower. aaaahhh the good life.

Shamu is a nice boat. It has foam interlocking squares on the floor (no slipping) water/juice, snacks, seat cushions if needed, & shade covering. The boat is easy to get in and out of. Have fun.

Yes it was nice meeting ya'll.

As for their dives, I met the boat and had a talk with the DM about their skill level and it still wasnt sinking in until the couple already on board said that it was OK to go somewhere else. Once in the water my wife told me it finally dawned on the DM why I didnt want them doing Santa Rosa for their 2nd Ocean dives.... Seems pretty simple to me but all worked out good and they had great dives.

I figured Hotel Cozumel was like any other AI but wanted to make sure. Since my wife doesnt dive I wanted her to have a nice place to hang out in the mornings while I am gone. Last summer we brought out girls and stayed at the Villablanca. It was okay but while I was diving it really didnt give them much to do while I was gone. I saw your comment about Santa Rosa being someones second ocean dive. Get this, after my ex and I certified in 1981,other than the one dive in a sand pit, Santa Rosa was my second dive and first ocean dive. Not counting the dives at Lake Travis for check out. I just pulled out an old log book to make sure 8-Sept-1981, I cant believe how things have changed over the years.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom