Hotel Grand Park Royal Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

M@lly

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Hi,
what about this hotel?
Location?
House reef, snorkeling and scuba Diving?
Thanks

Really like it for location. Easy to get to city and some nice places to walk to as well. Food is pretty good, drinks are great. Overall nice AI. No idea on their dive op, use a different. Snorkeling is okay, pretty large area with structure and some fish. Beach is small and brought in sand.

Hi,
what about this hotel?
Location?
House reef, snorkeling and scuba Diving?
Thanks
There really are no house reefs around Cozumel. There's some pretty good shore diving with small stuff to look at but boat dives are where the action is.

Julio Kin operates the house dive shop I have always enjoyed diving with him. He really likes to hunt lionfish. His website is Julio Kin VIP Diving Cozumel , you can also use just about any other operator on the island.

i enjoyed staying here. the food was great when i was there. bar service was top shelf and excellent. very nice rooms (a bot noisey though due to all the marble they use). beach area is really nice. true it is not a natural beach but if you want that you need to stay down south. i would recommend marine world across the street. i also have friends that use scuba shack (also across the street) and they love diving with them. only reason i started staying at hotel coz was to be walking distance to town.
the shore diving is decent enough. we enjoy them more at night. lots to see.

We're staying here next month and I've been reading tripadvisor and getting a bit worried. Mostly really bad reviews. We're staying on Hilton Grand Vacation points converted to RCI, and decided to buy the meal plan - so it's not a huge additional expense to stay here. But I'm worried. I'd love to hear from someone who has been here recently. Sometimes tripadvisor folks just like to complain, and sometimes I wish I'd heeded their advice.

We're staying here next month and I've been reading tripadvisor and getting a bit worried. Mostly really bad reviews. We're staying on Hilton Grand Vacation points converted to RCI, and decided to buy the meal plan - so it's not a huge additional expense to stay here. But I'm worried. I'd love to hear from someone who has been here recently. Sometimes tripadvisor folks just like to complain, and sometimes I wish I'd heeded their advice.
I was there in March and we really enjoyed it. Checking in is the hardest part, but overall the food is good especially for AI. Service is great as well. The beds were nice, it is an older place but was clean. I stayed there previously with nice experiences as well. If you drink alcohol they include top shelf booze in the AI.

Location is good as well. Next year we are staying further south only because of better beaches. My wife doesn’t dive abd kids are too young. Otherwise I would go back to the park Royal.

If you can get past the timeshare upsell at check-in, it's fine. Food isn't great, but what AI is? Buffet was better than the speciality restaurants, in our opinion.

We had to go through a gate to get to/from the pier for diving. Frequently we had to hop the low wall adjacent because no one was around to open the gate.

They did get some damage from the hurricane last year and the lobby was leaking when it rained this spring, but our room was fine.

We'll be counting on the resort for breakfast and a few dinners - maybe a couple of drinks. We'll get lunch on the boat. I also read the beds are terrible. We've stayed a Casa del Mar, where the beds are horrendous - so we just pack our camp air mattresses and do fine. I had hoped that at a "5-star resort" the beds would be good. I miss the beds at the Palace ... but don't miss paying for them. @brsnow, were you in an upgraded room - wondering if you got better beds in an upgraded room?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom