Hotels in Palau

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

boulderjohn

Technical Instructor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Some friends, my wife, and I are exploring options in Palau. A dive oriented travel agent gave us some options for hotel/diving packages that seem to us to be outrageously expensive--far beyond anything else we have experienced anywhere else in the world. Can someone recommend places they have stayed and found satisfactory?

West Plaza Malakal
Close walking distance to the Liveaboards (Aggressor, Palau Siren), SamsTours, Neco Marine & Drop-Off Bar & Grill, Kramer's Restaurant.

West Plaza Desekel
Downtown Koror Restaurants, close car pick-up for Fish n' Fins & Ocean Hunter Liveaboards.

Lehn's Motel
Budget & Cheap

Aggressor Fleet gave me this list:

Palau Pacific Resort / deluxe resort on man-made beach

Dec 19, 2016 – Jan 4, 2017 – Peak Season

Oct 01 – Dec 16, 2017 – Low Season

Garden view room w/BB (Peak) $430.00 per room per night + 19% hotel taxes, (High) $368 per night + taxes, (Shoulder) $349 per night + taxes, (Low) $330 per night + taxes

Ocean view room w/BB (Peak) $493.00 per room per night + 19% hotel taxes, (High) $430 per night + taxes, (Shoulder) $399 per night + taxes, (Low) $374 per night + taxes

Ocean front room w/BB (Peak) $555.00 per room per night + 19% hotel taxes, (High) $493 per night + taxes, (Shoulder) $461 per night + taxes, (Low) $436 per night + taxes

BB for 2 guest in each room

Transfers airport-resort, resort-airport $17.50 per person each way

Palau Royal Resort / moderate resort with small beach area - close to our marina about 100 meters away

Sep 01 – Dec 26, 2017 – Regular Season

Dec 27, 2017– Jan 03, 2017 – High Season

Superior garden room – breakfast included

(Reg) $231.00 (double) per night + 17% hotel taxes, $213 (single) per night + taxes

(High) $294.00 (double) per night + 17% hotel taxes, $275 (single) per night + taxes

Deluxe Harbor room – breakfast included

(Reg) $269.00 (double) per night + 17% hotel taxes, $250 (single) per night + taxes

(High) $331.00 (double) per night + 17% hotel taxes, $313 (single) per night + taxes

Transfers airport-hotel, hotel-airport $22.00 per person each way

West Plaza Malakal and by the Sea – very basic/budget/simple hotel with no amenities

Dec 16, 2016 – Feb 20, 2017 – High Season

Feb 21 – May 12, 2017 – High Season

May 13 – Jul 15, 2017 – Low Season

Jul 16 – Sep 17, 2017 – High Season

Sep 18 – Dec 15, 2017 – Low Season

Standard room (High) $126.00 per night tax inclusive, (Low) $112.00 per night tax inclusive

Deluxe room (High) $150.00 per night tax inclusive, (Low) $133.00 per night tax inclusive

Transfers airport-hotel, hotel-airport $12.50 per person each way

West Plaza will offer day use rooms for the day of disembarkation from 800A-1100P rates are the same as noted above. Please note that early check in for day room at 800AM will be depend on the room availability. Day use rooms are not guaranteed. Rooms are booked as an overnight, with the “day use request” and the decision is not made until the day of check-in with front desk.

We chose Royal Resort to stay on the day before boarding to the boat for December trip. Hope it's OK.

Last edited:
Aggressor Fleet suggests me to stay in Palau Royal Resort the day before boarding to the boat for December trip. Hope it's OK.
For one day prior to boarding Aggressor, it's ok. Expensive though for a week or more accommodation even with a land based dive-op package.

Another option for one night much cheaper is Lehn's Motel.

I stayed at the Palau Paradise Hotel and was quite happy with it. Not sure of current rates

The Palasia in downtown Koror is another option. I believe Palau Dive Adventures is located there now. They used to be at the Sea Passion. I stayed there just before it was sold to a Chinese investor group. At the time, it was a bit long in the tooth, but it may have been upgraded since. It was fine for a dive vacation, but not a destination hotel.

The two times we've been diving in Palau we booked everything through Palau Dive Adventures and highly recommend them - best dive operator all around we've ever been with. We stayed at the Palau Pacific Resort both times, which is as high end as it gets in that part of the world, but they can hook you up with everything from PPR super nice to basically the equivalent of a youth hostel and everything in between to suit your needs. They'll also pick you up / drop you off each day, plus concierge service to get around to restaurants in the evening beyond walking distance. Chris the owner is in southern California and easily reachable most of the time

PDA as well as some of the others might still have specials running from last weekend's Scuba Show in Long Beach, CA

We were there this past February and stayed at the Palau Pacific Resort for 14 nights and dove with SAM'S Tours. The cost worked out to be like $2400 per week in a garden view room and included breakfast each day, lunch on dive days, 6 days of 2-tank diving, taxes, transfers, and nitrox. If I were to go back I'd stay at the very same place and dive with SAM'S again. Both were excellent!

Thanks to everyone so far. I am going with a small group, and we all have our eyes on this thread.

Back
Top Bottom