house routing on doubles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FIXXERVI6

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Can any one post pictures of their doubles hose routing?

Working on setting up doubles and sitting here thinking about it got me curious on how other people route their hoses.

thanks in advance.

FIXXERVI6:
Can any one post pictures of their doubles hose routing?

Working on setting up doubles and sitting here thinking about it got me curious on how other people route their hoses.

thanks in advance.

I don't have a pic, and am just now going to do my first doubles dive this weekend...

My understanding is that you have a first and second stage off each post...with your b/c inflator off the left side first stagerouted over your left shoulder, the DS inflator off the right side first stage, routed under your right arm.

SPG off the left, where it is in normal singles use...

No octo...

If diving a long hose, it goes on the left first stage, under your right arm, across your chest, and around your neck to your mouth....the backup bungied second goes from the right side first stage to your neck.

If I've got it wrong, someone will help me by correcting me, and posting a pic...I won't have any pics until sunday.

What did I miss...?

Good Luck!

I have the wing inflator off the right and Drysuit off the left (when not using argon)

DS1:
I have the wing inflator off the right and Drysuit off the left (when not using argon)

I should have said "DS and B/C off different posts..."

Clearly, either will work just fine...heh

:banana:

scubasean:
My understanding is that you have a first and second stage off each post...with your b/c inflator off the left side first stagerouted over your left shoulder, the DS inflator off the right side first stage, routed under your right arm.

SPG off the left, where it is in normal singles use...

No octo...

If diving a long hose, it goes on the left first stage, under your right arm, across your chest, and around your neck to your mouth....the backup bungied second goes from the right side first stage to your neck.
As per standard with the folks I dive with who use doubles:
On the right: A first stage with Primary 2nd stage on a long hose and the wing inflator.
On the left: Another first stage with Back-up second stage, SPG and dry suit inflator (unless I'm using Argon).

p.s. the "left" and "right" I'm talking about are as they are located when attached to me....

Pretty much everyone agrees right post primary, left post backup and SPG

Some people say inflator off the right that way in the case of a left-post rolloff and air-share you could still breathe off your inflator and the hoses cross behind your head so you'd be able to hear any leaks.

Some people say inflator off the left that way you'd know pretty quickly if you had a roll off and you can use a shorter hose, less problems.

Either way, run your DS off the post opposite your inflator so all your bouyancy isn't on one post.

What first stages are you using?

Ben

OneBrightGator:
Some people say inflator off the right that way in the case of a left-post rolloff and air-share you could still breathe off your inflator...
This is one reason, but the more likely reason for running the wing off your right post is so you don't discover that the left post has rolled off when you go crashing into the silt because you can't inflate your wing.

By running the wing off the right post, if you can breathe, you can control your buoyancy.

Roak

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom