house routing on doubles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Snowbear:
As per standard with the folks I dive with who use doubles:
On the right: A first stage with Primary 2nd stage on a long hose and the wing inflator.
On the left: Another first stage with Back-up second stage, SPG and dry suit inflator (unless I'm using Argon).

p.s. the "left" and "right" I'm talking about are as they are located when attached to me....

I'll switch my primary and secondary around for the first dives then...Seems I should go with the norm.

:banana:

I have an atomic first stage, I only have one, still not sure what I want to use for my second first stage.

roakey:
This is one reason, but the more likely reason for running the wing off your right post is so you don't discover that the left post has rolled off when you go crashing into the silt because you can't inflate your wing.

By running the wing off the right post, if you can breathe, you can control your buoyancy.

True, but then you find out you've had a roll-off when you try to share air, you shouldn't really be crashing into the silt if you lose the ability to inflate your wing because you should be constantly making small adjustments to your bouyancy as you go.

Currently I have my inflator off the right post, but I see pros and cons to both and my jury is still out on which is better.

Ben

Does it really matter? You are as likely to lose one side as the other. If you lose the side with the inflator, you switch to oral inflation.

Personally, I use the same primary for singles and doubles. For the other post, I use a 1st stage with just a single 2nd stage attached. That means when I'm diving doubles, I usually have three 2nd stages. Which one goes on which post depends on my mood.

The same reg for singles and doubles with an extra 2nd stage.

I'm just anal, I'd have to configure it specifically, but that's just me.
(nothing against you or your gear)

Ben

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom