Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A few more. These are in the pool just practicing with the rig. april132016 033.JPG april132016 044.JPG

Attachments

• april132016 047.JPG
    april132016 047.JPG
    51.1 KB · Views: 54
Looking to attempt underwater photography with my older camera - please post pics and price if you have housing for this camera body. Thanks in advance!

I'm in the same boat as you, looking for a less expensive way to take my older T3i SLR diving with me. I'm don't have one to sell you but here's a couple of cheaper housings I've been looking at: Polaroid and Meikon. Someone else here on SB has speculated that Meike (aka Meikon) and Polaroid are likely made in the same factory. Looking at them you'd consider that accurate. I wish I could report on one for you but I'm cash deprived at the moment.

I'm in the same boat as you, looking for a less expensive way to take my older T3i SLR diving with me. I'm don't have one to sell you but here's a couple of cheaper housings I've been looking at: Polaroid and Meikon. Someone else here on SB has speculated that Meike (aka Meikon) and Polaroid are likely made in the same factory. Looking at them you'd consider that accurate. I wish I could report on one for you but I'm cash deprived at the moment.

I've looked at some of those too.. looks like they are only conducive for a 50mm lens and nothing more. Maybe worth it as an experiment, but I hesitate to spend $350 on housing that will only accommodate one lens. Maybe someone else has used this housing...??

If you decide to go to another rig I know someone that has an ikelite for the SL1 and an Sl1 white with 18-55 kit lens for sale. He is a friend and one of my UW photo instructors. Not sure what he wants for the housing but asking 325 for the SL1 and lens.

If you decide to go to another rig I know someone that has an ikelite for the SL1 and an Sl1 white with 18-55 kit lens for sale. He is a friend and one of my UW photo instructors. Not sure what he wants for the housing but asking 325 for the SL1 and lens.

If anything, I'm looking at upgrading to the 70D or possibly Mark II. Thanks for the offer though!

I hesitate to spend $350 on housing that will only accommodate one lens. Maybe someone else has used this housing...??

You've stumbled upon my true motives, lol. I didn't think too much about the single lens issue but it does make more sense now that the price is so "cheap" compared to the others. They don't have to accommodate an interchangeable lens system and it's multiple parts/options. My brain was rationalizing single lens by making use of the sensor's megapixels (DIY digital zoom, I mean cropping in lightroom) and more or less using it as a testbed to see if I enjoyed taking a full SLR rig underwater without having to go all-in. Good luck with your quest :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom