Housing for Sony FX1/Z1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bob, From 3:20-3:29 in tthe 205mb clip, what depth was that at. The lighting is good and it looks like it was at least 40'.

Nice Videos!! I am itching to get my fx1 underwater!

Rick

vdubmixer:
Bob, From 3:20-3:29 in tthe 205mb clip, what depth was that at. The lighting is good and it looks like it was at least 40'.

Nice Videos!! I am itching to get my fx1 underwater!

Rick

Rick, thanks for checking out the video and the nice words. I'd say that depth was probably 35-45'. Probably one of those days around 1pm when there were few clouds in the sky.

wags:
Hey Scubabob, just downloaded that underwater 205 meg clip and played if full screen. That music where did you get that from? Nice...

The images were very impressive although the colour looked like it was off abit. Maybe because the camera is a single chip. I know this is the case with normal MINI DV 1 versus 3CCD.

It looked like is has a good depth of field. I know the FX1 has this to from the uptop shots I have been taking.

Thanks again for sharing it.

Wags

Thanks for the feedback. The song on the video (no rights to it) is entitled "One Too Many Mornings" by The Chemical Brothers.

I was ready to switch to a 3CCD Mini-Dv camera after using a 1 chip camera for four years - then decided to go HDV. I'm glad I did, then as I was on a vacation using my HDV camera for the first time U/W - I checked my emails and saw all of the announcements for the 3CCD FX1, argh. Looking forward to seeing how the sony's reproduce color. I'm looking forward to a much smaller cam that shoots 1080p - shouldn't be long!

ScubaBob

We definately owe you some footage!! You have filled the void. I am downloading as we speak. Now only if the darn housing would arrive! Every weekend when I dive I just imagine myself with the phenom in my hands :)

Yeh Scuba Bob, thanks again for that. Still no Phenom housings have arrived in Australia yet (Thurs). Amphibico must be abit slow in getting them out...

Downloading the new clip now Bob. I have 14 gig per month limit so bring em on.

Wags

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom