Housing for Sony FX1/Z1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

drbill:
Drool, drool.

For those of you already using a HD camcorder and doing your own editing, how are you outputting product to DVD?

For the footage I've shot with my HD10U, I've kept everything in Cineform's avi format at 1280x720 for editing. From that I've used both Adobe's Mpeg converter as well as TMPGenc to produce dvd compatable mpeg2. Both have produced really good results.

I edit in Final Cut Pro HD. Then use compressor to out put to high Def. DVD mpeg2. Then use DVD PRo to author. This is on the mac.

I have also pre ordered the phenom. I was told by amphibico they were shipping around June 6. As soon as I get some UW footage i will post the results

Many thanks for the info. I have been dreaming of switching to HD, but for the time being it will be a dream until I can generate the funds to upgrade everything.

I hope too, mine is the second batch which is supposed to be sometime in June or early July

Hi there.

For those that are interested, I have posted up a WMV video file example of an normal DV clip inside a HDV clip. It gives you and idea of how much bigger HDV is. I should have my Amphibico Phenom housing in a couple weeks so I will post some underwater clips.

www.ningalooreefteach.com/hdv.wmv 11.8 megs

www.ningalooreefteach.com/hdvsmall.wmv 4.7megs

You need windows media player 10 to view it wide screen 16.9.

Even at full screen they look great

wags

I have been messing around with encoding HDV for the web. It looks like windows media player 10 is the best. I have tried quicktime even using H.264 and I still cannot get the same clips at the same specs as low and clean as I can encoding to a windows media wmv file. The best I can do is a 12 meg H.264 quicktime file the same quality as just a 7 meg wmv file. .

Am I missing something here or do the peope who use macs just don't know? They all think quicktime is king???? Funny to, how each new version of the Mac operating system is getting more and more like using a windows operating system.....

Here is the link to the 7 meg file. (turtle crawling back to the ocean at night)
www.exmouthnavypier.com/turtlebeach.wmv

Wags

Back
Top Bottom