Housings for Canon 7D mark ii?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MermaidLaura

Registered
Reaction score
Heelp!!

i have just put in an order and paid for a Canon7D Mark ii as i thought there was a Sea and Sea housing out already. I don't want To get an Ike housing as I already have Inon strobes which I use with optic fibre cables. I also have a Sea and Sea NX compact dome port which I would still like to use.

My question is.... will sea and sea be bringing out a housing for this camera or should I change my order and get a different camera? I am not in a rush... Just don't want to sit with a camera I can't use underwater....

:shocked2:

Not sure when Sea&Sea will release their housing, you should probably switch to Nauticam, they have already released a very good housing for the 7Dmk2, the bonus is that their housing has the electronics for a vacuum system (optional but for viewed from my side it should be mandatory), plus they provide adaptors for almost all brands of lenses, sea&sea included.

I know this is an old post, but wanted readers to know that the Ikelite case for the Canon 7D will in fact work with a Canon 7D mark II. The case does not require any modifications at all, but three of the controls will have to be modified or replaced. The machining is not difficult with someone having access to a machine shop. Ikelite will not sell the parts you need, you will have to have the simple parts fabricated.

Jim emptech at yahoo.com

Back
Top Bottom