How bad of a scuba gear hoarder are you?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is what my living room looked like before I packed up for this weekend’s diving in Ohio. There are 4 tanks in my SUV and 2 on the other side of the living room. My bedroom is the only room without any gear in in. Unless you count drysuit undies. :rofl3:

I hope I can find a place with a garage when I likely move up to WI next summer. I’d love to not live with my tanks. I currently have a small one bedroom place and work from home.

I know what I have, but there’s a lot of it for a small space. Thank goodness the LP50s don’t take up a lot of room. I tend to sell stuff as I don’t need it. I don’t have the space.

View attachment 622531

I would be very happy to relieve you of three of those 50 cu. ft. tanks, and yes I am serious about this.

I would be very happy to relieve you of three of those 50 cu. ft. tanks, and yes I am serious about this.

What use would one 50 be to me? :facepalm::rofl3:

There are four 50s and two AL40s behind them. Of the 50s, one pair is two months old and I’ve only had the other for three weeks. One buddy has already called dibs first if I ever want to get rid of the 50s.

What use would one 50 be to me? :facepalm::rofl3:

There are four 50s and two AL40s behind them. Of the 50s, one pair is two months old and I’ve only had the other for three weeks. One buddy has already called dibs first if I ever want to get rid of the 50s.

Ok, I'll take all four. :rofl3:

I just got OW certified LAST MONTH and I already have a BPW in addition to my BCD, two regsets, four pairs of fins, two mask/snorkel sets and three wetsuits (3,5,7mm). I'm already hiding stuff from my wife! I've been tempted on several other regsets already. And another wetsuit. I can wait on tanks until I actually live near water and not in the mountains.

You can donate used gear to Diveheart.

I thought they mostly just wanted old wetsuit neoprene for their recycling program. Do they take other stuff too?

I stopped by and they gave me a tour of their facilities. They take any and all gear. They have a fleet of tanks that volunteers were performing VIP's on.

Some of it they have volunteers service so that it can be used by their staff and divers. Some of it is upcycled into art that they use for awareness. They donate to local schools so the kids can use it as an art medium. Neoprene they send to their recycler who turns in into yoga mats and coasters that they give to donors.

It's a great cause and they will find a use for just about anything.

The Diveheart in our area takes all kinds of scuba gear, you just drop it at the local UPS store,

Search around SB here, you can find pictures...

Likely enough for 20 or so people...

my personal dive locker

Attachments

• 2137DD27-F992-4B85-97CF-91EEA9020473.jpeg
    2137DD27-F992-4B85-97CF-91EEA9020473.jpeg
    105 KB · Views: 122

Back
Top Bottom