• 75-100 ft

Votes: 71 32.1%
  • 100+ ft

Votes: 71 32.1%
  • How deep is the titanic again?

Votes: 10 4.5%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Uncle pug, When I dove 200 feet, it was a bounce dive so I didn't really explore. I dove with just compressed air and not with a special kind of blend

My favorite dives are between 80 and 110 ft. Not for any desire to go deep but because the vis is generally better and the darn zebra muscles are a little thinner. I have been deeper and enjoyed it and I have also spent 2 hrs at 30 feet watching critters.So I guess my point is "whatever's appropriate".
:yea:

Originally posted by LilmanHSU
This might of been asked before, but I've never read the posts.

How deep do people here ususally dive? I know some like to keep it recreational and not dive more than 75 feet.. But then there are those die hard divers who want to stretch the limits on strange mixes of air, rebreathers and such.

Me personally. Ususally between 25-90 feet.. But it changes depending on the conditions.

How deep I dive depends on what the goal of the dive is and what equipment, gases and surface support is available..

When I'm divin around home most dives average between 100 and 150, but I have no problem going deeper if thats what the dive requires.. My deepest dives were in the 100m range (330 ft), I have lost count on how many 200+ dives I have done, but again it all depends on the goal and the support available.. I woun't do a 100m dive if there isn't an adequate surface team, a proper dive buddy, helium, and plenty of 02 available..

Mostly between 70' and 115 ' on air ,sometimes eanx.have been as deep as 240' in wrecks and spearfishing... always on mix.If you are dumb enough to do these dives without the proper training,gear and support then Mssrs. Murphy and Darwin will probly argue to see who gets to kick your silly _ss.If you survive and glorify it hopefully someone here will tell you what an IDIOT you are.Notice the previous mentions of deep diving on air with no redundancy(at 200' 13cuft ponies ain't redundancy)were very sheepish admitting it.We've all done some similar bonehead act and hopefully I'll admit my foolishness as humbly.

A chimpanzee can dive deep, it takes a well disciplined experianced and well trained diver to make the ascent. Dive for a reason not for the depth.

It depends on what the point of the dive is. I have been to 95' and it was just to go to 95'. I love hanging at 40 as well as swimming through braincoral at 70'. The deeper however the shorter the dive... ;-0 So that is something to consider. Just get me under!!!!!

My deepest dive was loggeg at 126 feet at Superior Producer in Curacao. Mt deep dive for AOW was at 107 feet at GC. Typically 80 feet.

I've been as deep as 125 feet in the South Pacific, but typically my dives are between 40 and 70. In agreement with an earlier statement, my most interesting dives (as far as viewing sea life)have been in less than 60 feet.

I dive wherever the marine life is..................

And that usually means down to 120-130max-sunlight, and sea life, in general is greatly reduced beyond that.

I prefer to dive the area between 60 and 80 feet, as I get the most bang for my buck there. Diving EANx, I get the benefits of longer NDL, and my SAC is such that I run out of gas on a two tank dive right about when I run out of nitrogen time. (About 2 60 minute dives with a 45 minute SI)

I used to dive wrecks, as I didn't see what was so interesting about going deep (I have seen the 150 fsw mark), but now I enjoy the large amounts of life on the reef. It never ceases to amaze me how MUCH life is there.

Having been in the Navy, I just no longer find ships all that interesting. IMO, diving deep wrecks like the Doria just to say you have been there is what Freud would have thought is a "mine is bigger than yours" issue.

So, now I usually keep it above 100', with occasional EANx trips to 110 or so.

Remember, there are many old divers and many bold divers, but very few old, bold divers.

Stay safe!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom