Info How descend properly?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's true when horizontal the initial descent is slightly slower, but that doesn't mandate going back for more weight. If you have enough to sink vertically, then there's enough to sink horizontally.

In fact, one of the common issues of new divers is trouble clearing their ears and would benefit from a slower initial descent.

It's true when horizontal the initial descent is slightly slower, but that doesn't mandate going back for more weight. If you have enough to sink vertically, then there's enough to sink horizontally.

In fact, one of the common issues of new divers is trouble clearing their ears and would benefit from a slower initial descent.

Not to mention keeping up with drysuit and wing.

I have old ears and lousy sinuses. I have to descend slowly slightly head up initially (first 20-30') in order to get the best equalization. Descending head first for me just means nasty sinus squeeze in the 30-50' range. I also start equalizing on the surface so the initial overpressure (first 10') is minimized.

I descend vertically on my shallow shore dives, facing the direction I want to go. When I was boat diving I went down the anchor line usually head first. My speed was determined by how fast a buddy could go, as I never had ear problems.

i descend butt first while peaking over my shoulder. Once I'm a bunch of meters above the bottom I flip over and do my Mission Impossible impression.

As fast as my weights take me. Sideways, upside down, backwards, whatever.

To descend, I empty my bladder and then exhale. I also deflate my BCD. :D :D :D

That warm spot you just swam through is called a urinecline.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom