How did you feel after that Deco ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Remy B.

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
This thread is just for a general overview of how did you feel after that Deco dive, with the Algorithm you followed, please lets keep it like that, straight answers, no bashing over others profiles and preferences, what works for each person, works for them end of conversation.

(I know there are other factors to be considered, but this is a basic and general overview)

THIS IS NOT ABOUT WHAT ALGORITHM IS BETTER OVER THE OTHER, PLEASE KEEP IT LIKE THAT.

My deepest dives, with different gas configurations
10@42m / 5*C on 25%O2, Deco gas 50% - after the dive I was a little tired, VPM-B/+3
15@47m / 6*C on 25/35, Deco gas 50% - not tired a lot more awake at surface, VPM-B/+3 ( extra 3 min over profile at last stop, personal choice )

Over the years, I've come to expect to feel very vital and fresh after a decompression dive.

That differs a lot from I first started... where a little 'fizz' and the urge to snooze was commonplace. But having said that, those were the days of MS-DOS dive planners, bolt-on Pyle Stops and air dives to 80+ meters...

Nowadays, I can typically feel less post-dive vitality after a shorter, shallow skills dive (relatively saw-tooth and no clean off-gassing) than I would from a well conducted technical dive (relatively square profile and precise ascent).

I think there's a lot more factors than just algorithm choice that dictate decompression stress. Appropriate and accurate ascent speeds, gas selection, stop buoyancy control and final surfacing behaviour are chief amongst them.

Clean decompression is just as, if not more so, beneficial to reducing decompression stress as conservative decompression.

I agree Andy, but like i mention as well there is a lot more factors that play a role, I just want to hear from the guys that had Deco dives, what have them make feel better and what not, assuming the dive was without problems, as planned and relaxed.

If I don't feel vibrant after a tech dive I know I need more deco...

So... I feel pretty good after deco dives regardless of time / depth / algorithm

But what dictates your Deco time then ?, I may be asking the question wrong, in the case you planned a dive, for what ever target, wreck, cave, one time you choose to mention something, GF30/70, and you came out feeling like shaiit , then you did another dive, same conditions but tuned yout GF to another setting that made you feel better.

Yes you feel better if you spend one hour in Deco, while it only "theoretically" requires 20min according the GF, but that is not what I'm pointing at, or if you used VPM with normal setting you didn't feel well, but then adjusted the conservatism and after a second dive under the same conditions that did the trick, of course everybody is different.

As I mention before this is kind of general.

Last edited:
I don't feel any different after my deco dives than I do after my no-deco dives.

R..

I feel better after no deco dives only because I'm not getting out of the water with double 120s and a deco bottle or two. Other than that I feel the same after every dive. AFAIK there is no breathable underwater gas that can make you feel better after diving.

I feel better after no deco dives only because I'm not getting out of the water with double 120s and a deco bottle or two.

Agreed. There is something about being weightless for a while and then hauling a set of doubles and stages up a ladder that hurts me. I pretty much wear my HP 80s whether I'm doing a recreational or tech dive and it takes me a few minutes to recover after reboarding. Otherwise, I don't feel any different either way.

Why are then comments from divers that have change their GF and they fill like shaiit, and they have changed and they fill much better out of the water ?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom