How did you know you were narked?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Only clear symptom was my face went numb at 140 ft. I remembered the feeling from trips to the dentist in the 50's.
hmm id get a medical opinion on that

When I was a hardhat diver we would try to get narked on purpose, I feel happy and a little giddy with the WAH WAHS. I also have to really think to do anything but I have always been able to function. The guys on the comms unit would tell me stupid jokes to make me laugh, not helpful when you are trying to work.

hmm id get a medical opinion on that

Didn't your grandfather tell you anything about dentistry before novicane?

Before there was scuba, there was narcosis; but we just laughed it off.

I once, and just for a moment.. tried to load a pole spear into my speargun.

Didn't your grandfather tell you anything about dentistry before novicane?

Before there was scuba, there was narcosis; but we just laughed it off.
see this article on SB forum
Diving Induced Facial Paralysis
Discussion in 'Diving Medicine' started by octotat, Apr 3, 2004.

Just yesterday, I discovered, not that I WAS narked, but just how badly I was.

Me and a couple mates are exploring this new wreck we located. 30m at the bottom, <1m vis on average. We'd been thru a few times and I'd made note of this small hatch leading belowdecks to the galley. Yesterday our plan was to penetrate into the galley for a quick peek. We get down to the hatchway and I'm looking at it wondering how people got down there cuz it seemed a lot smaller than I thought.

I started wiggling thru and barely get to my shoulders and realise that there's no way I can get in there. I turn to signal my buddy then look back at the hatch and suddenly notice a keyhole. Mentally I take 3 steps back and come to the crushing realisation that I'm staring at a proper doorway and I had been trying to squeeze my twinsetted a$$ thru a broken vent on the bottom of the door.

Needless to say I pushed the door open and continued on like I meant to do that.

I was seriously contemplating offering my regulator to a fish. Upon further review I told myself lets bump up 10 or 15 feet. That was my first experience. I think I've had a couple of brushes with dark narc over the years.

During my advanced class deep dive, impairment was demonstrated. Although I probably couldn't do that math problem on the surface, either.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom