How Dive Rite got it Right!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Danseur

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Several things have been going on lately that have me thinking more in a State of Gratitude. Let me share one that helped put me there...

On my first trip to Cave Country (N. FL) this year I paid a visit to Dive Rite in Lake City on my way to the High Springs Country Inn (another wonderful group, as so many will attest to). I had a few issues to address as I had been in Turks and Caicos for a rather extended trip and some of my Dive Rite gear needed attention.

First, I presented my yellow Dive Rite fins with a foot pocket that had split along the seam. John immediately engages, “No problem, here’s a new pair. Sorry we only make them in gray now, but they’ll hold up better as we changed the materials.” This is several years after the switch mind you, now come free fins. Cool. OK.

Next, my Nomad wing had separated at the elbow. Seems the electronic weld did not hold well, so John again, “No problem. Here’s a bladder. We improved the material. No charge.” Huh. Wow. OK.

Now I present my LED 700 light. This one was entirely my fault. My girlfriend had moved the light while I was charging it, the O-ring had fallen out, and as I went for a twilight beach dive at Coral Gardens on Provo (highly recommended) I discovered my mistake. Entering the surf my can flooded as my light went on without flipping the switch; saltwater. Ouch. OK, so I need a rebuild… Now John, “That would suck to have to rent a light while you are down here, so here, take my personal light to dive while I repair yours. Just swing by whenever you are leaving and exchange it for your repaired one. This should just take me a couple days.” Wow again; Unreal! So I left feeling just super impressed. Man, I’m just some guy off the street and get this treatment, great!

If that wasn’t enough, when I get back to exchange lights, greeted with a smile and “How were your Dives?”, he’s not only fixed my light, and now it’s got this GREAT red O-ring (D’Oh!), but in the process of the repair upgraded the LED to the current model, NO CHARGE! “This will work a bit better for you. Let us know how it works out”. Wow. Ok. Works great! Thanks!

In summation, my bill was less than I had expected, the service 10x what I had expected, and the experience one of the most satisfying I have ever had as a customer of any product or service, ever.

I know all companies have their issues with products of one sort or another, but when you get a company that will treat you like THIS, well, I’m really OK with that and will, and do, recommend their products, mostly because of this experience and the overall value their products represent.

Additionally, on my next trip down I saw most of “Team Dive Rite” around the springs. They were all great, cordial, friendly and neighborly asking “how’s it going” and the like. All genuine too, I might add. Whatever problems I have had with them over the years (few) have completely evaporated and their current Modus Operandi earns my respect, recommendation, and business.

Well Done Guys, and THANK YOU again!

-Justin Bates

The folks at Dive Rite have always been great. Every time I have met them at the springs, at seminars or conventions, or just called them, they have been wonderful. I own a handful of Dive Rite regs, fins, three computers, and multiple reels. Their customer service is great. I have owned many other items from them including lights and drysuits.

I am glad you had such a good experience with them.

Now about that Nitek Q software! LOL...

.../...I know all companies have their issues with products of one sort or another, but when you get a company that will treat you like THIS, well, I’m really OK with that and will, and do, recommend their products, mostly because of this experience and the overall value their products represent.../...

Great Customer Service goes a lot further then a product line. Experiences like that are what I look when I want to pay a company a visit.

What was their site again... Diverite.com?

Dive-Rite's customer service has taken about a 5x jump in the past couple of years. I never had bad service, but maybe phone calls weren't returned and maybe failed parts failed again before their time.

No more. Lamar and his team have made customer service a priority and it really shows. I use and will continue to use Dive Rite for most of my technical diving needs. Of course, when you have Dive Rite, you don't need to replace very often..... :D

Ill jump in on this one too, I have always had nothing but awesome service from DiveRite, they are one of my favorite dive manufacturers.

Justin, thanks so much for starting this thread. We love what we do and we truly enjoy helping our fellow divers. It's really gratifying that you took the time to post a kudos and thank you to everyone who took the time to chime in!

See you at the springs,
Kathleen

Im a fairly new diver and the type of person that likes to stick with a company that is willing to go the extra step. This is why I chose Dive Rite. Thanks for posting this.

Interesting thread, I popped in here primarily because I am looking to buy my first wing, and Dive Rite has been seriously recommended by one of my friends, what about overseas service through a local distributor Divers Down in UAE?

I cannot comment on their service to the UAE but their service to me in the UK (and I dealt directly with them rather than through their UK Agent) was exemplary.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom