How Dive Rite got it Right!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thanks for posting this Justin.

Many people are quick to complain about bad experiences, but not enough take the time to post about great experiences.

I was cave diving the High Springs area last year and had a leaky DR 3100 second only a couple of months old, couldn't figure out the issue in the field. I drove to the Dive Right building which wasn't too far, walked in unannounced, was greeted by John, then about 30 minutes later I was headed back to the caves with a fully rebuilt 1st and 2nd, no charge, no wait! They are always helpful over the phone as well. I got a mini tour of the operation, was interesting to see where all the gear gets born.

I got my wing / harness last week and Paul from Divers Down helped me put it together for my doubles then I stripped it down and put on the cam bands for singles. After that I did two dives the following day, tank a bit high though and called Paul he recommended just using one cam band for my 10L tanks.

Why have I been using a standard BC all this time, it is awesome. As I was leaving the east coast of UAE from a different dive center I called Paul and asked him about the smaller travel BC as I am due to go on a trip to Anilao this coming Friday. He had one in stock so I did a U turn and bought one.

Not having tried this out though, I kitted it up with one of my S50s and threw myself into the swimming pool to check it out very impressed .... now I have this Mares BC for sale :wink:

IMG_1462F.jpg

IMG_1463F.jpg

I'am neither a techie or caver but I configure my gear on the techie side,,makes diving better. I recently purchased my 1st Dive Rite product (based on reputation) which were the EXP fins. They are replacing my tried and true farallon jets that I have had from the early 80's (thankyou Paul from the old days at scuba west). On recently fell off a boat and was lost. I have no doubt that my new fins will be an updated and wonderful replacement.

Yes, dive rite has great service. They also continue to respond to demand with their new and innovating products. I have been 100 percent happy with every dive rite product that I have ever purchased.

I have to say I'm a Dive Rite fan as well. I'm a retired instructor & have had my transpac for several years.
A few weeks after I got my Transpac, the LP inflator started leaking around the power inflate button.
I emailed DR, explained I was an instructor & the shop I was working for at the time.
Being in Canada it's still a pain to ship things back & forth to USA.
I asked for a parts list & exploded assembly drawing so I could replace the o-rings..
In a week a package arrived at the shop for me.
In it was a new inflator with the parts diagram, with instructions how to replace the faulty o-ring, & to keep the original as a spare.

Well done DR

Mike D

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom