How do all these gopros get lost?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bryanmc57

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I keep reading about people losing gopros and different dive ops talking about all the gopros they find in the course of a year. How exactly are these cameras getting lost? Is there some mechanical problem, lack of attention or ???

I've been thinking about diving with one and would really like to keep it for a while if I do.

My guess is relying on a single point of attachment. Things break, screws come loose, cameras aren't attached correctly in the first place, etc. I use fishing line as a safety lanyard between my camera and tray, and have seen cameras dangling more than once.

They...?

Last edited:
I keep reading about people losing gopros and different dive ops talking about all the gopros they find in the course of a year. How exactly are these cameras getting lost? Is there some mechanical problem, lack of attention or ???

I've been thinking about diving with one and would really like to keep it for a while if I do.

Look who carries many of them, folks who can barely dive but must take video.

I have found 3 Go Pros in Boynton Beach, 2 returned to their lame owners, 1 became mine.

Any Tom Dick or Harriet has one. People wave them around like mad. How many full camera rigs do you hear of being lost? My camera rig has a lanyard of course.

Any Tom Dick or Harriet has one. People wave them around like mad. How many full camera rigs do you hear of being lost? My camera rig has a lanyard of course.

you sound bitter.

I have found 3 Go Pros in Boynton Beach, 2 returned to their lame owners, 1 became mine.

I'm assuming, from the numbers not returned, that most are found by persons less scruplless than you.

Bob

Task loading and inexperience. It is easy to poke fun at new divers but everyone starts as a new diver. Often the dorky diver from several years back becomes the calm situationally aware diver with a little experience.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom