how do I put together my new mk16 550?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GLWeek

Contributor
Reaction score
Well, today I got my mk16, 550, 190r and was wandering how to rout the hoses. I will be using a primary, octo, bc inflator, and a computer. also do I need to put anything on the threads of the hoses before I screw it in? how tightly should I screw the hosses in? thanks

Work from the inside out. For the lp hoses - on the right primary second stage then octopus. On the left - BC lp hose. Route your SPG on the left.

I have a MK25TA & Air Z Nitrox using both the wireless transmitter & an SPG. I have the transmitter on the right HP port, and the SPG on the left HP port.

I had the folks I purchased from perform the assembly - I'll defer to the other on the board for assembly instructions.

don't over tighten - you don't want to damage the O ring.

I take it you baught over the internet so don't want to take it to your LDS. If you baught from an LDS they will help you out - or ask your instructor or DM next time out if unsure.

An equipment course could also be useful - but that depends on the instructor. I know this course has received a lot of flak but I learnt more on that course than just about any other, thanks Lance!

Jonathan

they should be dry.

If the O-rings are dry, a VERY SMALL amount of lube (Christolube is best, as its O2 compatable; scuba-grade silicone will do if you're using only regular air) - just enough to make the O-ring look "wet", but no visible amount of actual lube on it) should be applied.

The hoses should be tightened only enough to bottom out the connection and a BIT more. The seal is made with the O-rings, not the tightness of the hoses - you just want them tight enough so they don't come off by accident. It is quite possible to strip the brass body of the reg if you overtighten the hoses.

Back
Top Bottom