How do I save really interestng Posts?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wetnorm

Registered
Reaction score
TechAdmin,

I hope you don't mind the bother, but...

Please help me ....How do I save valuable posts? Some of these posts/replies are worth bookmarking/saving.

BTW what is trolling? Baiting or looking for a fight? I searched FAQ's and learned @ being banned for stuff like this.

You can always bookmark the threads; or if you click the number on the right of the bar with the date of the post, that will isolate an individual post and you can bookmark that.

Trolling is posting something with the specific intent of stirring up people. Think of putting some bait on a hook, tossing it overboard, and trolling for bites.

Spectre,
Thanks. Doing this works by saving to file on this PC. Is it possible to save replies on the SB server since I use many different PC's?

wetnorm:
Spectre,
Thanks. Doing this works by saving to file on this PC. Is it possible to save replies on the SB server since I use many different PC's?

Thinking out loud...er...thinking onto the page....

Perhaps you could subscribe to the thread...Then I believe it will be in the list of threads you've subscribed to...

The best thing I can suggest is go into your User CP. On the left bar you will see the subscriptions stuff. You'll see something for "Edit Folders" [not the Private message one, but the subscription one]. If you subscribe to a thread, you can select a "Good Stuff" folder you setup, or "Bookmarks" or whatever you want to call it. It doesn't let you target posts; but you'll at least be able to save threads.

If you are already subscribed to the thread [from posting perhaps], you can unsubscribe in the thread tools, and subscribe again and select the folder you want the subscription to be in. I've unfortunately not found a way yet to edit a thread subscription [e.g. to change it from my default mail setting to a don't mail] or in this case... change the folder that the subscription is in. However I just tried it, but didn't play around to see if now that I have multiple folders I can move stuff from one folder to the other. But of course Tech Admin'll see this thread and give some official advice!

Jeff,

I used Thread Tools to subscribe after creating a folder as you said. Its a good start, thanks.

TechAdmin may consider adding functionality to THREAD TOOLS that lets you "save a single post" by post reference # and "found in thread ....", for eg.

This saves server space and lets me/the user quickly find the valuable post. Some threads wax into the scores or hundreds and bookmarking wastes everybody's space/time.

Thanks for your help. How do I send this to his attention?

I will keep it in mind as I look for addons to install to our software.

I found this thread while searching for an answer to a question. Couldn't find quite what I'm after but as this one was close and is not too stale I thought I'd piggyback . . .

When I view a thread (viewing linear mode) I can't find a way to bookmark it. Clicking on "thread tools" doesn't open any drop-down menu. It merely reloads the exact same page AFAICanTell.

I found, however, that clicking on "forum tools" while sitting one level above the thread does let me bookmark.

Is there a convenient bookmark button when I'm looking at the posts (linear) in a thread? Apologies in advance if I'm just too myopic to see it.

Thanks for the help! SB's where I go these days when I can't go to the water . . . and I know it takes a lot of time and expertise to keep something like this up and running, even with (especially with?) an outside vendor's package.

-Bryan

When we're saying 'bookmark' we mean to actually use the bookmark feature of your browser; not anything specifically with the site itself... only using site features to localize exactly what you are trying to bookmark... the thread or an individual post.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom