How do I seal of a bladder on a Hollis SMS100

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@UTscuba Maybe I can return the favor, I found this: Plug for wing inflator/OPV opening - Subgravity

And they are in Draper. I don't know how close that is to you, but maybe you can swing by and check fit.

lmao, they're next door to the local tech diving shop (Dive Addicts). I went to Dive Addicts last week, after trying a couple of other dive stores, with no luck, and went next door to SubGravity to find they'd just closed. I figured since no-one else could help that it wasn't worth the 20 minute drive back.

I'll go down there tomorrow.

Appreciate it!

Just saw what you paid for yours, you got yourself a steal! I paid almost 4X that and still thought it was a bargain.

lmao, they're next door to the local tech diving shop (Dive Addicts). I went to Dive Addicts last week, after trying a couple of other dive stores, with no luck, and went next door to SubGravity to find they'd just closed. I figured since no-one else could help that it wasn't worth the 20 minute drive back.

I'll go down there tomorrow.

Appreciate it!

Just saw what you paid for yours, you got yourself a steal! I paid almost 4X that and still thought it was a bargain.
I'm considering the Sub-Gravity butt-plate and bungee conversion on my plate, so I was noodling around on the site and saw the cover. I like the flat rails on the SG vs. all of the others - even if it ends up being just for smbs and reels.

Yes, a very good deal! But it is just for the wing.

Hope it works for you. Let me know if it is a good item. I have a buddy that just picked up a ScubaPro dual bladder doubles wing and wants to blank one off.

Hope it works for you. Let me know if it is a good item. I have a buddy that just picked up a ScubaPro dual bladder doubles wing and wants to blank one off.

just went down there during my lunch break, and sadly the plug is slightly larger than the hollis thread and it doesn't fit,

ah well it was worth a shot appreciate the heads up

just went down there during my lunch break, and sadly the plug is slightly larger than the hollis thread and it doesn't fit,

ah well it was worth a shot appreciate the heads up
If you give me measurements, I can 3d print a plug to fit the elbow ring and bladder flange you have and face it with a foam seal. If you're interested let me know and I'll rough in a design and send you pictures of what measurements are necessary.

If you give me measurements, I can 3d print a plug to fit the elbow ring and bladder flange you have and face it with a foam seal. If you're interested let me know and I'll rough in a design and send you pictures of what measurements are necessary.

seriously?? that would be awesome, thank you!!!

I'll measure it tonight, the thread's a difficult one to measure but I can at least count the number of turns per mm

thank you again!

seriously?? that would be awesome, thank you!!!

I'll measure it tonight, the thread's a difficult one to measure but I can at least count the number of turns per mm

thank you again!
My thought is to reuse your Elbow ring, so I would need the inner diameter of that ring, depth and shape of the well in the bladder flange where the elbow seats (usually an octogon or such). Threads on a 3d printer are tough without having there match to test and iterate off of. Tomorrow I'll rip out a rough design and post for you to look at and compare measurements before printing and doing the postage game!

My thought is to reuse your Elbow ring, so I would need the inner diameter of that ring, depth and shape of the well in the bladder flange where the elbow seats (usually an octogon or such). Threads on a 3d printer are tough without having there match to test and iterate off of. Tomorrow I'll rip out a rough design and post for you to look at and compare measurements before printing and doing the postage game!

that makes complete sense, and happy to send some folding green stuff in return too!

thank you again

Save the thanks (and cash) till I get it right and it works for you! Lol

Here's the rough design... I did this off the generic bladder hardware.
20200201_092947.jpg
I believe OMS sizes are a tad different. To print yours I need;
Number of flats if the elbow is a polygon base.
Size flat to flat of elbow base (or diameter if round)
Thickness of elbow base
Diameter of inner hole on elbow clamp ring.

Get me those (to nearest .5 mm if able) and I'll print it tonight, mail the first attempt Monday!

Respectfully
James

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom