How do I seal of a bladder on a Hollis SMS100

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here's the rough design... I did this off the generic bladder hardware.
View attachment 565407
I believe OMS sizes are a tad different. To print yours I need;
Number of flats if the elbow is a polygon base.
Size flat to flat of elbow base (or diameter if round)
Thickness of elbow base
Diameter of inner hole on elbow clamp ring.

Get me those (to nearest .5 mm if able) and I'll print it tonight, mail the first attempt Monday!

Respectfully
James

thanks James, I've got a micrometer somewhere in my tool room, I'll dig it out and get you the numbers this pm sometime

and yes, it's a polygonal base

Sounds good, you can pm me the numbers and an address to mail it to.

I'm considering the Sub-Gravity butt-plate and bungee conversion on my plate, so I was noodling around on the site and saw the cover. I like the flat rails on the SG vs. all of the others - even if it ends up being just for smbs and reels.

Yes, a very good deal! But it is just for the wing.

Hope it works for you. Let me know if it is a good item. I have a buddy that just picked up a ScubaPro dual bladder doubles wing and wants to blank one off.
@-JD- if this one I'm making works out, we'll mention it on this thread.... I'm not trying to make a business out of these, but I can run off a few more.

respectfully,
James

@-JD- if this one I'm making works out, we'll mention it on this thread.... I'm not trying to make a business out of these, but I can run off a few more.

respectfully,
James

Thanks, @James. My buddy sent them a message re: compatibility. I'll reach out to him tomorrow when I'm back in town to see what the said.

@-JD- it sounds like the one I sent to @UTscuba is working out.... If you want to pm me an address, I'll run another one off and send it your way.
Respectfully
James

@-JD- it sounds like the one I sent to @UTscuba is working out.... If you want to pm me an address, I'll run another one off and send it your way.
Respectfully
James
James, sorry I dropped the ball, I came home sick from my trip and forgot to reach out ...

My buddy just sent some pics to me, and ScubaPro uses a much-different anti-rotation scheme with 8-tabs instead of the polygon. He is going to drop the wing by on the way to the quarry in the AM and I'll see if my elbow fits in his bladder-socket.

@-JD- no worries.... I hope you're feeling better! If you want, send me a sketch with dimensions, and I can get one done for you. Like I told UTscuba, I enjoy the solving of problems!
Respectfully
James

@-JD- no worries.... I hope you're feeling better! If you want, send me a sketch with dimensions, and I can get one done for you. Like I told UTscuba, I enjoy the solving of problems!
Respectfully
James
Fine now, thanks, but spent 3-days in a mental fog ...
Yea, I get it, I'm an engineer. I keep wondering if there is a 12-step program or something. :wink:

Posting in the thread for information propagation ...

My buddy just swung by and I got to check the wing ... (Nut is off to dive this morning - it is about 13F at the quarry :confused:)

At least on this wing, ScubaPro uses a notably larger diameter socket. My SMS100 elbow sits in it and rotates freely with some room to spare and the diameter of the SP elbow neck is about 0.18 larger than that of the SMS100. The elbow flange thickness is essentially the same.

I then cross-checked the SMS against my HOG and OxyCheq wings. All use essentially the same polygon socket (but with different nut-threading: HOG - Coarse, SMS100 and OxyCheq - fine).

For a non-critical plug, I think that the "standard"-compatible design that you have already worked up will work fine on the ScubaPro fitting and has the benefit of being usable in other applications if needed. Also, it will be a confirmation of cross-platform application for the future ...

Thanks, @James. My buddy sent them a message re: compatibility. I'll reach out to him tomorrow when I'm back in town to see what the said.

And for completeness, SubGravity did get back to my buddy - they had no-idea if their cover/plug would work or not with ScubaPro.

Back
Top Bottom