How do Local dive shops stay afloat?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well I am going to beat a dead horse and post on this thread again. I bought my BC tonight from my LDS and it could not have been a better experience. The owner and I made sure it fit properly. While he was taking care of the purchase and the financing (the financing was great 12 months same as cash), one of the workers was taking care of my warranty, while the other was showing me all the features I would need to know and the options availble for it if I go into tech diving. I am so glad I could make a purchase and walk out the store with gear in hand. I could dive with it tommarrow.

No way I could purchase something at 7pm at night and be diving at 6 am by using the a shop on the net. That my friends is how local dive shops stay afloat. I wasnt oversold or got pitched anything other than what I came in to shop for. One on One live human interaction is something very important to me.

Man, I love my LDS, I always use them. Prices almost always match the best prices I can find online, if not once you add shipping the LSD prices are real close. Not only are the price's competive, but for the service I get. Only people he lets behind the counter are certified Instructors. I just bought new fins two weeks ago. The first pair of mediums didn't fit quite, second pair agian one didn't fit right, third pair again. So they mixed and match the pairs till we I got 2 fins that fit. They where all mediums they all should have been the same. Well If I had ordered online I cound not have done that. (well not easily) I'll stick to the LSD for my purchases, I'll still browse the online world however :wink:

I purchased my complete SCUBA Gear Equipment from the Dive Shop that trained me. They will service the equipment annually and have the parts in stock. Also, they will lone me equipment if mine is in the shop for service. Remember annual service is a major aspect of safe diving practices. Last week I went to the shop and asked them about a backup timing and depth device. They recommended I purchase a citizen diver's watch and I did order that item online. My local shop does not sell watches.

Also, my local dive shop arranges monthly trips for me. I pay them one fee and they make the resevations for a room and 4-tank dives. One thing that I like is diving with people from my local area. We usually do our dives in the FL Keys.

BTW...the dive shop handled the warranties online during my purchase.

Tim
FL

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom