How do you carry your GoPro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cayal

Contributor
Reaction score
I've had my GoPro for a little over 6 months and have dived with it a couple of times. I find it a bit annoying to carry sometimes.

I have the headmount that I wear and I've found it to be the best option so far but the problem is it is hard to have it set to film what you are looking at...as I found out in vanautu where I was filming just above what I wanted.
I've also found it's a pain to put on if I am wearing gloves in the colder water.

Also it doesn't allow me to get close to what I want to film either which is why I am thinking of getting a gopole to mount it, that way I can move it closer and get a better idea of what I am filming. However I want to attach it to my BCD so I don't lose it if I need to drop it or while I am entering the water, basically so I don't have to carry it in my hand the whole dive.

Does anyone think this is a good idea? Do you have a better suggestion? Or should I go with the head mount for the moment.

I have thought about using the two handed grip thing (not sure of the correct name) I've seen some of you guys using but I want to get my buoyancy under control before I use both hands so that's an option in the future.

We have one at home and we brought a gopro stick for it, films great and you can get up close to fishes without them even noticing.

Have a look online if you want to make your own to attach to your BCD

We have one at home and we brought a gopro stick for it, films great and you can get up close to fishes without them even noticing.

Have a look online if you want to make your own to attach to your BCD

That's how I am thinking of going. Once it's attached I don't have to worry about losing it and I can move it in close and into nooks and crannies if need be.

May I ask, did you get the Bobber, the one that floats if you drop it or the GoPole which as I understand is basically a stick to attach it on.

Thanks

63bc2375-ba95-4153.jpg

Like I carry everything else. Cave line / bolt snap. Clip it off and only have it in my hand when I'm shooting video.

You've found no problems with this method?

None. I clip it off to my left chest d-ring. I've done this while carrying a 40 stage clipped off to the same d-ring. 90% of my diving is in dry gloves. Anytime I want to take some video I pull it and shoot the video.

I just got my GoPro a few days ago and did my first dives with it yesterday. I bought the roll cage mount and used it to mount it to the light head of my canister light. I would not reccomend this ... the can light is way too bright and the beam is too tight.

Attachments

• light-mount-try1.jpg
    light-mount-try1.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 1,100
I use an SRP tray and attach a retractable lanyard to the tray to clip off on my chest or scooter D-ring.

---------- Post Merged at 04:09 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 04:07 PM ----------

the can light is way too bright and the beam is too tight.

Yes, the best lights for the GoPro are the very expensive SOLA lights. One light alone is more expensive than the GoPro itself :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom