How do you carry your GoPro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes, the best lights for the GoPro are the very expensive SOLA lights. One light alone is more expensive than the GoPro itself :)

I have two of the Sola 800 dive lights. I've been looking at some trays/arms/adapter/etc to use them with it, and a different housing with a flat glass lens etc.

The SRP tray is from all accounts amazing. Hopefully mine will be here shortly. Right now I use a modified walking stick as a pole mount:
IMG_1964.jpg

I have my GoPro mounted to the top of my camera housing...so I can video while I'm taking photos :D

I do the same, or have the SRP tray and lights for video only. I'm working on getting the video lights mounted to my strobes so that I can have both available.

I ended up buying the XShot 2 from Amazon, the adjustable pole.
I originally got the Grenade Grip from GoPole but they were out of stock so I got a refund and decided to get something adjustable for now.

I have two of the Sola 800 dive lights. I've been looking at some trays/arms/adapter/etc to use them with it, and a different housing with a flat glass lens etc.

Oh how I envy you... Those SOLA lights are very nice. I've gotten really good results with the SRP URPro Cyan shallow water filter, but I need lights to get good results past 40-50 feet with the regular Cyan filter.

The SRP tray has nice mounts for light arms, I did a review of it here on SB http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/gopro-video/416282-srp-gopro-blurfix-tray-review.html
Marty Cerven has a set up with a pair of SOLAs and flex arms you may like it.

I just got my GoPro a few days ago and did my first dives with it yesterday. I bought the roll cage mount and used it to mount it to the light head of my canister light. I would not reccomend this ... the can light is way too bright and the beam is too tight.
You can make simple diffuser of white plastic and put in front of your light head.

Havent gotten it when yet, but picked up a generic xshot from amazon for around 7 bucks. The dry land shots are amazing, can't to try it underwater. Should be diving the quar-ibbean in two week.

Oh how I envy you... Those SOLA lights are very nice. I've gotten really good results with the SRP URPro Cyan shallow water filter, but I need lights to get good results past 40-50 feet with the regular Cyan filter.

The SRP tray has nice mounts for light arms, I did a review of it here on SB http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/gopro-video/416282-srp-gopro-blurfix-tray-review.html
Marty Cerven has a set up with a pair of SOLAs and flex arms you may like it.

Thanks a lot for the info and help. I'll look for Marty's setup. :crafty:

You can make simple diffuser of white plastic and put in front of your light head.

My local diving is lake with low viz and very little to no ambient light at depth, so I'd like to keep the full power of that light available. In clear water locations, I don't even bring it along - the Sola 800 on low power is more than enough. I think two of them will work great for the GoPro...although the gf has "taken ownership" of one of them, so we'll see how that works out.

Attachments

• IMG_0726.jpg
    IMG_0726.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 756
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom