How do you catch lobster? First time!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My dad and I hung on to a ski rope, we rode face down, using mask and snorkel, while my mom drove the boat. Who ever spotted the crawfish, would "toot" and drop off. The other would signal our driver and drop off. She would circle around while we were chasing bugs.

Once my dad was down, pulling at the antenna of one that had raced into a small hole. A small shark was standing nose down, just waiting for dad to bring that crawfish out!!! The antenna broke off, and the shark was as disappointed as we were.

When we were back top-side, I asked my dad, "didn't that shark make you nervous?"

"What shark", he said! :amazed: :sharky:

AP-Crystal River, Fl
A new breed of Florida Lobster has been cataloged by the Southern Cretacean Institute in Crystal River, Florida. It appears that the warm water pools created for cycling coolant water through the nuclear reactors of the Crystal River Nuclear Power Station have spawned a new breed of Florida Spiny Lobster.
As this is a new breed, it does not fall under the regulations of The Florida Game Commission and is in danger of being hunted to extinction by divers seeking a quick meal.
The New Lobster, nicknamed "The Florida Nuke Bug" by local dive store operators, does have a unique defense mechanism. Like other Florida Lobster species, the metamorphosis from larval stage to crustacean may take as long as one year, however, once in a hard carapaced form it grows quickly to a measureable size.
The most recent incident, involving a SCUBA diver from Maine on vacation, was noted by officer Bernard Helmand of the Region 12 office of the Marine Fisheries Division. "People just don't understand the impact of what ecological treasures this area spawns," states Officer Helmand.
The diver was using a device called a "tickle stick" to coax the lobster from its home when he was suddenly engulfed and eaten by the seventy three and a half ton "Nuke Lobster".
"Darndest Thing I ever saw, too", said Ofc Helmand.
That big ole Lobster jest jumped up and swallered 'im!"
The Coast Guard has been called in to assertain the significance of such a large Lobster species on the local fish population.

SEE TOLD YA you NEEDED A BIGGER KNIFE!! :getsome:

DEEPSEAWOLF once bubbled...
seventy three and a half ton "Nuke Lobster".
"Darndest Thing I ever saw, too", said Ofc Helmand.
That big ole Lobster jest jumped up and swallered 'im!"
The Coast Guard has been called in to assertain the significance of such a large Lobster species on the local fish population.

Now here is where those grenade thingy's would come in handy! :boom: :wacko: :boom:

For Keys and S.Florida lobster Wendy nailed it.For larger bugs a tickle stick can be used to manuever then into place but most nets are too small as are snares.We use the tackle method.Insuring that we have a least one antenna knuckle grasped.Cut large tails into sections to avoid overdoing the outside or underdoing the inside.Lobter meat parboiled 5 minutes in salt water then dumped in a sauce of finely ground grana parmesan,whipping cream,butter and fresh cut basil and oregano over a bed of fresh fettucini.To die for.BTW the best Maine loster hunter I knew was a 98lb 5' nothin' young lass wearing doubles and stages on deeper wrecks from NC on up.She thought the men who made a production out it were sissies til one pinned her glove to her drysuit in one claw thru her catchbag.

100days-a-year once bubbled...
Lobter meat parboiled 5 minutes in salt water then dumped in a sauce of finely ground grana parmesan,whipping cream,butter and fresh cut basil and oregano over a bed of fresh fettucini.

And how do you enjoy your Lipitor? Before or after this snack?
:doctor:

:wink:

OK,serve it with portabella caps broiled upside down covered with gorgozola and truffle oil.Have brushetta made with semolina bread ,buffaloe mozzerella,fresh basil leaves ,roma tomatoe slices and extra virin olive oil as an appetizer.Have a spring mix salad with assorted olives and roasted bell peppers with balsamic vinegar and more extra virgin olive oil.For dessert a tiramisu made by whipping 6 egg yolks with 1 cup of sugar,6 eggwhites with 1 cup of sugar ,fold these 2 with 2 cups of mascarpone cheese.Layer expresso soaked ladyfingers and the cheese/egg mixture and cool for 4 hrs before serving.Top with cinnamon powder.I actually make and eat this several times a year for friends.Couldn't eat it to often tho thats a rich meal.I sleep mebbe 2 days later.

mix shredded lobster meat (substitute crab meat if wanted) with shredded cheese, marinara sauce, butter and garlic. Add a dot of ranch dressing and place a 1/4 slice of provolone on top, cook lightly for 5-10 minutes on an open grill over a medium flame. GOOD TA GO!!!

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom