How do you clean your equipment?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i was on a dive in Loch Long in scotland yesterday and i was told by my buddy that air was coming out of the locking mechanism of my drysuit inflator, he then said that i should push something up the locking mechanism of the suit inflation hose incase theirs any salt chrystals blocking it, then to spray it with "WD 40" the lubricant, is that a good idea?

Just wondering about the vinegar and water cleaning method, how much vinegar do you use with how much water? and must you do anything else to the equipment before/after you rinse in the vinegar solution?

I know this thread is a little old...

However this is how I do it.

Attached are some pictures of my latest work on my gear storage cleaning (just improved it this last weekend)

I use a 50gal stock tank, which has a small heater in it, currently the water temp is averaging 68F which is wonderful when the temp outside is 40-50F I drop my gear in (most everything except drysuit) for a day or 2, come out after a day or 2, swish it around, make sure I got all of it rinsed, and then hang it over the tank to dry, then the drysuit goes in for it's turn... sometimes I do it all in one day, but it's easier to just drop it in and go do other things.

Canister light battery goes on charger, gear get's hung up, etc...

Periodically (every couple weeks) the tank gets drained and refilled with the valve and hose system I built for it, and every 4-5 dives gear gets torn down a bit more, such as removing the opv on the BC and I make sure it get's much more dry inside than normal.

Back
Top Bottom