How do you pronounce DIR and GUE?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Don't forget to face Florida everytime you say it

I ran into a diver from Norway in Mexico in November, and when he told me where he was from, I asked him if he by chance knew my Cave 1 classmate. After a few more questions and answers, it turned out he did; he told me, "Oh, yes, he's one of those deer divers." It actually took me some time of puzzling about what, exactly, a deer diver might be, before I figured out what he was talking about . . .

It's pronounced, "Hal....see....on." :wink:

brought to you by Jay Jay and Gee Eye Three on behalf of the Double You Kay Pee Pee.

(somehow I think we have been down this route before)

I thought they were all pronounced "kewl - aid"

I pronounce DIR as DEE EYE ARE because I like the approach and that is the way it was intended to be said.

I pronounce GUE as "GOOEY" and do it with perhaps a very tiny bit of glee and maybe even a small portion of malice as GUE has done some bad things to DIR and how it is percieved by many divers.

Actually I think the goons in early WKPP days did DIR a greater dis-service than did GUE.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom