How do you remove a Suunto Vyper plastic display shield?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nairn_diver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi, does anyone know how to remove the plastic display shield on the Suunto Vyper dive computer? Mine is getting pretty scratched and I want to change it with my spare one.

Thanks!!

It generally just pops off at the tabs that hold it on. I just replaced my HelO2's shield (same as the Vyper). All's I did was just pop it up at one of the tabs & it came right off (might take a little umph!) & replaced it with a new one. I have had the shields come off & tabs break off just dropping the computer on the ground.

Suunto sheilds are held in via the rubber tabs at the top and bottom of the sheild where the shield disappears under the black rubber... the rubber and sheild are very forgiving to flex, so just pull until it comes out... It pops back in the same way with just a little flex in the rubber... If you have any concern about damaging your computer, swing by your LDS and have them show you how it comes out...

Don't be surprised if you break off one or more of the tabs when you remove the old shield. If you do, check that the piece(s) is not still in the recess, lest the new shield not seat properly.

Back
Top Bottom