How dry is a Pinnacle Black Ice dry suit supposed to be???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That is interesting you said that cause I did hear some air yesterday and could not figure it out. Watched my gauges and knew it was not regulator leaking...Thanks!

You need to add air, not necessarily a lot but try to equalize with the outside, put the exhaust valve back on and adjust it to hold that little bit of air, by not adding air you are essentially creating a vacuum and Mother Nature put a lot of effort into filling a vacuum.

Mother Nature put a lot of effort into filling a vacuum.
I've been told that She actually abhors it

Unless you can get some air in the suit the harder you work and the stronger the current the wetter you’re going to get, especially in a poor fitting suit. Shallow water makes this worse not better. You need to get air in suit and your back to the current. Get low and down out of the flow.

I've been told that She actually abhors it
Some would say she loathes it.

I agree with the others, you need to hook it up to your regulator and add a little gas. Might have to add some lead since you're used to not adding gas.

It should be as dry as a science joke.

The only time I get water in my dry suit is on my safety stop. i.e. when I have insufficient air in the suit to make the seals work effectively, as the others have commented.

Ok I have been diving four times in the last few days...I did not hook the air back...hard headed...What I did do is make sure my seals are folded correctly. I also did not let the air out of the suit before my decent.... I added an extra 10 LBS... Suit held enough air from the surface to make the seal work correctly for a 133 steel in 15 ft of water....I came up after 90 minutes or so. Very dry almost no water got in...I went today and it was the same story. I think I cracked the code on my suit so I can dive it with no air hooked up to it.
I really am thankful for all of your comments above...I love this site!!
BTW I think my neck seal fold might have been off too on the prior flooding dives...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom