How dry is your drysuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

get no leakage at all, suit is almost brand new though. The suits i used from my school were also the same type of suit and were used often and also had no problems with them.

Uncle Pug:
It will make your life much easier.

I tend to find "off the side of the boat prior to jumping in" solves that problem :)

Make sure your clothing is not touching the seal or it will wick in water, turtle neck sweaters are bad. Wrist seals also need to be free of clothing or any fabric.

It should not leak at all even if you move your hands and neck around allot. If it leaks it is not fitted properly. If you get wet you will get cold and that takes the fun out of diving.

Dive dry, dive all year round. The best vis in the North East Pacific is during the winter. It has been up to 80-100’.

Almost no leakage at all. If I get any, it will be just the slightest bit of dampness at the wrists.

If you have a half to a full cup of liquid in your drysuit, you need to stop taking a leak...you're no longer in a wetsuit, buddy!

My neoprene seals keep me very dry and they're tough like baltic janitor lady. Much warmer, though. The only time I ever get even damp is when I do something stupid like leave the neck wrinkled or - and this is the classic - leave the thumb loop from the underwear sticking out of the wrist seal. It's just amazing how much water that lets in.

You might try this. Worked for me.

Make sure the hair on the back of your neck is shaved. Look at your wrists if they are hairy too. I went diving the other day. Made a point of having my wife shave my neck. Neck was bone dry and one wrist leaked a little. Will shave wrists back next time.

I keep the neck shaved usually, but the wrists are definitely furry...

Damn simian ancestors...

Back
Top Bottom